Vac bags

Started by KyNola, November 08, 2014, 07:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

My friend 10.5 turned me on to this website www.foodvacbags.com  A great source for all your vac sealer bag needs.  The channel type vac bags are Weston brand.  Weston bags are superior to the FoodSaver brand in my opinion.  They also sell the ARY Vacmaster chamber bags in both 3 & 4 mil.

Great prices and great service.  I ordered from them Thursday morning, received an email early Thursday afternoon telling me my order had been shipped and will be here Monday AND I got free shipping!

Thanks for the referral Chris!

waycoolcat

Thanks for the post. Those are good prices for chamber vac bags. I put a sticky note with my remaining supply so I remember to order from them next time.
I want to be a better carnivore!

Salmonsmoker

Ky, do the Weston bags have the vac strip in them?
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

KyNola

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean about "vac strip".

iceman

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on November 08, 2014, 09:01:00 AM

The last 8X12 Weston bags I received from them were embossed (like the food saver bags) and will work with any type of sealer so you wouldn't need the vac strip.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on November 08, 2014, 09:01:00 AM

They do advertise the VacStrip bags but it is unclear if they are Weston, or a generic brand. I haven't used Weston's VacStrip bags, I still have a lot of bags to go through before I need to order.
VacStrip Sealing Bags

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Thanks for the explanation on the vac strip.  Had not heard of it before today.  The Weston bags I previously used didn't have the vac strip that I am aware of.

BTW, my bags that were scheduled to be delivered on Monday arrived today!

Tiny Tim

Thanks for the link, KyNoLa.  May be placing an order from them next month.  My sealer has been sitting idle for a while...I do a lot of repackaging, but ziplocs are cheaper than the vac bags I have been buying.

JZ

Here's a link for Canadians. I've ordered (and received) several 1000 bags from this place. The shipping is not free but only $9 for orders over $50.

https://cedarlaneculinary.ca/Products/Listing/VacuumSealers

WoodlawnSmoker

Quote from: JZ on November 08, 2014, 07:14:20 PM
Here's a link for Canadians. I've ordered (and received) several 1000 bags from this place. The shipping is not free but only $9 for orders over $50.

https://cedarlaneculinary.ca/Products/Listing/VacuumSealers

Thanks for the link, those prices look pretty good.

renoman

After years of being ripped off buying FoodSaver bags I have recently switched to Cabela"s brand. Good strong 4mil bags reasonably priced.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/1560/cabelas-vacuum-sealer-replacement-bags-pint

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: KyNola on November 08, 2014, 03:52:44 PM
Thanks for the explanation on the vac strip.  Had not heard of it before today.  The Weston bags I previously used didn't have the vac strip that I am aware of.

BTW, my bags that were scheduled to be delivered on Monday arrived today!

Bags that have the vac strip (which is waffled) don't need to have the whole bag material waffled to evacuate the air and prevent the bag from "locking up" prematurely.
BTW, I read a vac bag test (Cook's Illustrated/ America's Test Kitchen? I think) and Weston bags had one of the lowest failure rates, while Food Saver had the highest failure rate of all brands they tested.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.