HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO MY FELLOW VETS

Started by Wildcat, November 11, 2014, 05:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

The middle school where my wife teaches put on a special luncheon yesterday honoring Vets. It started off by having us follow beating drums down a hallway lined on both sides by students applauding us as we passed. Looking into their eyes one could see the sincerity in their applause. Made a lump swell in my throat. This was the first time I felt this way since returning from Viet Nam. What a difference from the hippie generation I came back to!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

WoodlawnSmoker

Nice story!  I have never served but very much appreciate the sacrifice made by all those who have.  They are expecting a massive turnout to the War Memorial Service today in Ottawa, Canada, in excess of 80,000 people.

Thank you to all the Vets!

beefmann

great story, wonderful feelings as  well, congrats and thanks for  serving

waycoolcat

Yes, Thank you to all the veterans today. My wife and my brother are veterans I know what sacrifices they made to serve.
I want to be a better carnivore!

tsquared

Quote from: WoodlawnSmoker on November 11, 2014, 05:37:45 AM
Nice story!  I have never served but very much appreciate the sacrifice made by all those who have.  They are expecting a massive turnout to the War Memorial Service today in Ottawa, Canada, in excess of 80,000 people.

Thank you to all the Vets!
That ceremony would have special significance for sure, given recent events--I hope it went well.
T2