Hello from Saskatchewan!

Started by Meatatarian, November 20, 2014, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatatarian

Just getting set up with my smoker my wife bought me for Christmas, yup, a month early!  She wanted me to try making my own jerky etc. from the deer I took this year vs sending it out.  Forum looks great!

tskeeter

Welcome to the forum!

For ideas and helpful advice, check out Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  Recipes from the forum's most experienced smokers.  I haven't found a dud among them.

And use the forum search function (upper right corner) to locate threads on jerky making.  It's a fairly frequent topic of discussion and idea sharing. 

Meatatarian

Thanks for the information, I will check it out.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

rjm240

Another Saskatchwanian! Hello and welcome!

Are you planning to smoke in the garage or shed and pipe smoke outside?  I did a pulled pork last sunday for the Rider game and was able to keep the temp up to 225F with my smoker outside, but not much higher than that.  Any colder and I'm not sure it will get up to temp.  I'll have to look at moving it somewhere, but not sure where yet.

Meatatarian

Thanks!  I have been looking at a few options for indoor smoking.  I have a chimney in my shop that was used for a wood burning stove I used to have.  I was wondering if that would work in conjunction with range hood / exhaust fan set up?

dave01

Welcome to the forum. the range hood and old chimney should work just fine