Hello From Manitoba

Started by RJB9570, November 24, 2014, 07:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJB9570

Hey all,
Located in Swan River, Manitoba.
Been smoking with a UDS and a bummer of an electric True North for a couple years.
My wife got me the six rack digital for my birthday.
Since it'll be about a thousand below until the end of April, I guess I'll just lurk, collect ideas, and wait for spring.
Can't wait.
Cheers.

tskeeter

Welcome to the forum!

In addition to here, there is some good lurking at Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes on www.susanminor.org.  This the a recipe repository containing recipes from some of the forum's most experienced smokers.  Since the recipes are from Bradley owners, they often contain tips and techniques that are helpful for new Bradley users.

dave01

mahto

Welcome to the Forum from cali
tu amigo
mahto

Gefilta

Hello manitoba. I've been using my Bradley for cold smoking salmon in the winter. -20c is perfect to maintain enough heat with just the smoke generator. When it gets to be about 0c you can go for a regular hot smoke.

It's only winter, happens every year. Enjoy!

Quarlow

Don't hide that thing just cause its cold. Get it out and smoke something. Protect it from the wind and smoke man, smoke. Cold smoke some cheese, or make some lox. Do some chicken wings or ribs. Ask questions, someone will get you going on smokin'. Oh and welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.