Thought I would share my smoker venting for any interested

Started by mytiburon, November 24, 2014, 07:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytiburon

Well I have been peaking around for awhile and finally registered so I thought I would show you what I have come up with. I did not want to drill another hole through my insulated walls (and it's cold so siding would break) so this is my solution and it seems to work well, is super easy to take apart and store until next use.

Saber 4

Salmonsmoker

Nice, although you'll have to unhook the coupling to see who's knocking at your door. ::) ;D
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Toker

I have similar setup but i had to move the fan at the other end of the hose cause it sucked the smoke and the heat too much. Also, Check the heat for your fan, i mean, it can NOT be exposed to higher temp than 140F MAX. But it is just my own experience. Maybe your is diferent.

Quarlow

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on November 25, 2014, 09:26:37 AM
Nice, although you'll have to unhook the coupling to see who's knocking at your door. ::) ;D
Wawawawa. lol
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Rider14

What about the smoke when you open the door to the smoker? I guess if you don't baste or mop, you can keep it closed until the temps tell you you're done and turn off the smoke generator before you open (allowing the fan to pull all of the smoke first), but that's a cool set up for sure.

- Dan

Toker

He can always plan his smoke time in advance and then placing a bubba puck at the desired time and being able to open the door without smoke Inside. It works very well. That is what i'm doing for years now Inside  ;)

Quarlow

This looks like it would work well unless you live in an apartment. :o
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Toker

you know what Quarlow, i do live in a apartment and i have similar setup but with a sheild and a pid. Also the smoke is exhaust by the window moded like an air conditionned with a fan :D

mytiburon

Haha some of these posts are very funny!  If smoke gets out when the door opens I have a HRV air exchanger in the garage I can turn on for a few minutes so no biggie:)

Quarlow

Quote from: Toker on November 26, 2014, 07:03:52 PM
you know what Quarlow, i do live in a apartment and i have similar setup but with a sheild and a pid. Also the smoke is exhaust by the window moded like an air conditionned with a fan :D
LOL I was trying to be funny, like as in you would fill the hall with smoke and awesome smells. Then you would have the fire department there but once you fill the firemen with good smoked food they leave you alone and cite the complaintant for excessive smoke from his ears. LOL.

OBS
BBQ

Toker