How to change the Bisquette advance time

Started by texasgirl, November 26, 2014, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasgirl

IS there a way to move the advancement of the bisquettes to more than 20 minutes? Most of the bisquette is still unburned and wasted

Toker

KyNola

Short answer is "no" you can't change the advance time.  Try preheating the smoke generator prior to beginning your smoke/cook time.

TedEbear

Quote from: texasgirl on November 26, 2014, 06:04:25 PM
IS there a way to move the advancement of the bisquettes to more than 20 minutes? Most of the bisquette is still unburned and wasted

The link below explains why they do not burn completely.

Bisquettes do not burn completely. Is this normal?

renoman

I have read all of the excuses that bisquettes do not fully burn but none apply to me. I have found out what the problem is in my Bradley but have yet pulled it apart to fix it "again". In mine the burner plate sits about 1/8" below the burner "track" and the puck doesn't sit completely flat on the burner plate. It gets hung up on it's very edge and there is an airspace between it and the burner plate. You can see in the pic below that the one edge of the puck is burnt and the other is not. When the blizzard stops here I will take a pic and post it.

My pucks

Gizmo

I  have found that the box temperature (which can be affected by outside temperature) can also affect how thorough the puck is burnt.  The cooler the temperature, the less the puck may burn.  I like to put one on the burner and leave a blank spot behind it so the first one will sit on the burner plate longer.  I also pre-warm the bradly (burner plate and oven) for 30 minutes or more before using.  Keeping the burner plate clean will also help tranfer heat.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: renoman on November 27, 2014, 06:21:01 AM
I have read all of the excuses that bisquettes do not fully burn but none apply to me. I have found out what the problem is in my Bradley but have yet pulled it apart to fix it "again". In mine the burner plate sits about 1/8" below the burner "track" and the puck doesn't sit completely flat on the burner plate. It gets hung up on it's very edge and there is an airspace between it and the burner plate. You can see in the pic below that the one edge of the puck is burnt and the other is not. When the blizzard stops here I will take a pic and post it.

My pucks

How do the bottoms of the bisquettes look?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

renoman

TarGOST

A google search will reveal hacks to make it 40 minutes and even variable (knob installed on controller).

johnny.ford.9235

I just purchased my bradley and I followed the direction to a T. I am getting the temp but the bisquettes aren't producing any smoke, so I've wasted four of them, they didn't burn at all. Can I wet them to create the steam? Somebody help!!!

dave01

If you wet them they will fall apart. Are you sure the burner is getting hot? Is it clean

GusRobin

Quote from: TarGOST on December 05, 2014, 05:53:32 PM
A google search will reveal hacks to make it 40 minutes and even variable (knob installed on controller).
I couldn't find any, do you have a link?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Jkwellborn

I always turn my burner on when I preheat the cabinet. Then I reset it before cooking. I scrap it before use.

TedEbear

I'd like to see the wiring diagram mod for this: