WARNING !! calls of computer being hacked

Started by beefmann, December 01, 2014, 04:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

Bradley Forum Members

Today I have received several calls on my  phone about my " Windows Computer " Being Hacked and when i  questioned the guy who called of who he is with , He never told me, the  company he is  with, Never told me his  name. or anything  else to take him seriously enough to follow  through. even asked him how does he know its my  computer and he finally  hung up.

I want to give every one a  warning that I believe this is a  scam  for some one to scare others into either him coming out, or  some one he  knows, or  even costing you  time,  money  or robbing your home. by trying to  scare you that your computer has been hacked.

I know mine has  not and here is why as stated above he is  saying it is my   "Windows Computer",... Wake up Clown, I do not own a " Windows Computer" ,, its Linux! !  and on a totally different computer language,  which leads me to believe totally that this is a scam, Then add if it was hacked and if he is reputable and  worked for a  reputable  company, he would have provided his  name and company  information  willingly

Im  only  posting this to warn Bradley members if  you  get a  call like this , DO NOT FALL FOR IT ! ! , and if you  want to have an  ounce of caution, take your computer to someone  who you  can  trust and know the repair Center  is trustworthy.

Beefman

Grouperman941

A friend of mine got this a few weeks ago. The guy said he was from Microsoft. My friend is a web developer and programmer, so he knew it was fake. The guy was very aggressive and called him back on several different days trying to convince him there was still a problem and that he needed to renew his service contract so they could fix it and stop the hackers from getting to others on his contact list.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

cathouse willy

This one has been around for some time and still snags people. "Hello this is ****  from microsoft and we've detected some viruses on your computer, for a small fee we'll fix them. To do this we will need to take control of your computer... Just give us your passwords and bank account numbers, relax and do as we say and all will be well..........

Dano

We get them here in S.Ontario too - claiming from Microsoft.  Go and have fun with them... I usually start with "Ok, I'm not very good with computers but I typed  /.bashrc and then what?"  ;)
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)