Old's Place

Started by dave01, December 02, 2014, 04:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave01

I used to enjoy trying some of the recipes on a site called Old's Place. Now when I try to go there it say's my IP address is blocked. I filled out the membership and thats when it was no longer available. I filled out the email request to have them unblock my IP address but have never heard back from anyone. Is this site still available? Please help, Thanks

tskeeter

Habanero Smoker

The site is still up. If you sent a request to have your IP address unblocked during the time the site was migrating to another sever, your request may have gotten overlooked.

Though we like every one to sign-in, you don't have to sign in to view the recipes, you will just be nagged with that banner on top of the page. If you are not logged-in or not trying to log-in then you may be experiencing so other problem.

Most site related problems seem to occur to those who haven't logged on that site since the site was migrated to another server, but for those problems you will generally get some sort of error message. If you have more than one browser installed on your computer, you can try using the other browser. Or you can first try clearing your browser history, close and reopen the browser. If that doesn't work you can clear your cookies, but that will also delete all data for your other sites, and any stored information on those other sites, such as user name and password will be deleted and you will have to re-enter all that data.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dave01

tskeeter, when I went to the site you provided this is what I get,

vBulletin Message
The administrator has banned your IP address. This could be deliberate or it could be due to a number of spam registrations that were being received when CAPTCHA was defeated. We have since compensated for the CAPTCHA defeat, however we did not remove the IP bans. If your IP address was banned and you would like the ban removed, please contact the administrator to have it lifted.

To contact the administrator click here

This is very frustrating as none of the moderators will even get back to me after going thru the "click here" to contact them. I wish someone could help with this

tskeeter

Dave, sorry you're having problems and having problems getting help.

There is something that you should understand about that web site.  It isn't a commercial site.  It isn't Bradley sponsored.  It is maintained and operated by a forum member who volunteers his time to do the maintenance and who funds all of the expenses out of his own pocket.  For our benefit.  Under those circumstances, I think we need to have a different set of expectations than we do with more commercial sites that have staffs of people to maintain, operate, and problem solve for them.

Habanero Smoker

One of the administrators did contact you; read my previous post. I don't have permission to unblock ISP's since I'm not that familiar with all the harmful addresses that need to be blocked or which ones can be allowed.

The administrator who is very technically skilled and as a favor to Old's and the members of this forum he chose to maintain the site at his expense on his servers. So it could be a few reasons why he has not replied. A couple of those reasons could be your message is not getting through, or he is very busy with his business and hasn't come across your message.

If you PM or email me and explain what your issues are, your email address, OS, and browser I will forward the information to him by email.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)