Goose Kolaches

Started by ragweed, December 23, 2014, 07:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

I saw a recipe in the SEP/OCT 2014 issue of Ducks Unlimited for duck or goose tarts by Scott Leysath.  Now that I have sufficient raw material, I thought I'd try it.  The precise recipe is in the magazine, but simply what I did was grind Canada goose breasts, mix in about 20% P. butt and grind fine.  Added some green onions, rosemary, a little whipping cream and some smoked parmesan cheese.  Placed the mixture in some pre-baked "muffins", topped with Bolner's steak seasoning and more cheese.  Baked at 400* F for 4-5 minutes.  Very tasty.  :) :)

The next day, we were making Kolaches so I appropriated some dough and made some naked Kolaches.  Then I added the goose mixture with some Cooper cheese and CB.  Then a healthy dose of Rodak's Chipolte Mustard Fusion stirred in.  Baked as above then set on the counter.  Before I got the dishes soaking, they were gone.   >:(

The goose and pork mix:

The browned goose and "tarts" (crescent rolls):

The finished tarts:

The finished goose Kolaches:

I'm making smaller "Kolaches" for Christmas appetizers.  I'll try to remember to edit this post and show what they and the goose stuffed mushrooms look like.  Thanks to Saber4 for the Bolner's and Rodak's.

Merry Christmas all. :) :)

KyNola

Joe, that may be one of the more inventive recipes I have seen on this Forum.  Congratulations!  Looks delicious.

ragweed

tailfeathers

so much to try, so little time!!!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

WoodlawnSmoker

Yup, gotta try these for sure, looks great.

ragweed

As promised, here's pics of the goose stuffed mushrooms and the mini goose kolaches we had as appetizers at yesterday's family dinner.

Enjoy the Holidays everyone....Joe

iceman

Looks great Joe
That's a must try next fall when the quackers n honkers pass by.  ;D