ThermoWorks BlueTherm Duo

Started by Rckcrwlr, November 29, 2014, 06:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/logger/bluetherm_duo.html3

I did a search and didn't find any reference to this...

I can't imagine that there is not one of you that have posted or even purchased one of these.  It says it's Bluetooth so the range will be limited...wish it was WiFi so I could look at it when away...

Any input on it?

From the website:

BLUETHERM® DUO WITH BLUETHERM PRO FOR iOS
MODEL #292-601

• Read temperature remotely on phones or tablets
    Two type K Thermocouple inputs
    Transmits via Bluetooth to iOS or Android devices
    Download Free Pro Apps
    IP66/67 splash-proof rating
    Range to 2501°F (1372°C) depending on probes
    Backlit high contrast display

DESCRIPTION:
Track two temperature probes remotely on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device. Set multiple alarms and log temperature data. Designed for industry, science and food processors; the BlueTherm Duo reads two commercial thermocouples for better accuracy, wider range and longer probe survival than consumer-grade devices. Choose from hundreds of Type K thermocouple designs.

The BlueTherm Lite App reads two temperatures and provides simple-to-set high and low alarms for both probes. The BlueTherm Pro App allows multiple alarms per probe so a process "profile" can be created. Program alerts and pop-up messages to prompt changes to heat settings, resting, cool-down, etc... The Pro App also logs data for both probes to a graphic chart. Store, share and analyze the data to improve or repeat your process next time.

Another free software option, ThermaData Studio, enables your desktop or notebook PC to read your BlueTherm Duo and record data in a full, professional data acquisition mode.

BlueTherm Duo is designed for industrial environments with an o-ring sealed housing rated to IP66/67 waterproof levels (splashproof - not immersible). Large easy-to-read display is backlit for low light conditions. Rechargeable battery lasts 36 hours on a full charge and is re-charged quickly via a standard USB cable. Front panel LED indicators display comms transfer and power status. Optional silicone rubber boot provides additional protection. Get the optional tripod for flexible set-up.

The BlueTherm Duo is a professional instrument designed for commercial applications but can be easily used in home or backyard settings for sophisticated and convenient temperature monitoring and recording.

renoman

Rckcrwlr

Thought the same thing...

At first I thought it was WiFi...their WiFi Logger is upwards of $500.

The Logging part of this is nice so you can build benchmarks...Not sure if I can justify the price tag.

MoHuka

TAPPAQUE is wireless and has 4 probes....love mine
MoSmoker

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: MoHuka on November 30, 2014, 08:16:52 AM

I like that much better...

Doesn't look like it's waterproof...another $80 for a tupperware container looks like it will do that.  Ha Ha Ha.

MoHuka

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on November 30, 2014, 09:37:53 AM

I like that much better...

Doesn't look like it's waterproof...another $80 for a tupperware container looks like it will do that.  Ha Ha Ha.
Its more like a pelican case but would think you could make one out of Tupperware that would do the same thing
MoSmoker

Rckcrwlr

Doing some searching...I found a Thanksgiving Code for 20% off.  Knocks $40 off the price.

I have one coming.  Woo Hoo

Thanks for your input.

John