Pork chops?

Started by Scameron7, December 18, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scameron7

Going to pick up some pork chops and was thinking that I would smoke them ,and finish them off on the bbq,what's a good temp and time for smoke?

dave01

you could just cold smoke them

Habanero Smoker

For pork chops I find that 40 minutes to an hour is plenty, if they are less then 1" thick I would go with 40 minutes for your first time. I generally will use pecan on pork, but apple is also good. Smoking for 40 minutes to an hour, you can safely cold smoke them, but I would move them directly to the smoker from the refrigerator. Keep the cabinet below 90°F. If you want to apply the smoke at a higher temperature, you can use any temperature from 180°F, up to 225°F, then transfer directly to a hot grill. If using higher temperatures, I would suggest 180°F, to insure the chops are not completely cooked in the smoker, during the period you applied the smoke.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ragweed

I season 1- 1 1/4 inch thick, boneless, center cut P. chops with Jan's rub and smoke cook @220* F using apple, hickory or pecan to a IT of 140 - 160* F.  Takes about an hour to an hour and a half.  They turn out very, very moist and the taste is pure Bradley goodness.

Scameron7

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will try habanero's  cold smoking method tomorrow,but I will definitely try ragweed's cooking method the next time. it's always trial and error but so far the info I have received on here I have not gotten any errors!!