Another batch of smoke cheese

Started by RAF128, December 30, 2014, 07:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Checked my stock the other day and seem to be running low.   This morning hooked up the cold smoke adapter and fired everything up.   I like a lot of smoke flavor so I'm giving it hickory for several hours, at least 4.   I'm looking for the color too so I'll keep and eye on it.

ragweed

Pensrock gave me the tip that to get good "color", smoke at a box temp of around 80* F.  Works  :) :)

TedEbear

Quote from: RAF128 on December 30, 2014, 07:46:09 AMI like a lot of smoke flavor so I'm giving it hickory for several hours, at least 4.   

4 hours of hickory?  That is going to have a LOT of smoke flavor on cheese.  I also like smoke-flavored cheese but 2 hours hickory is about the max I ever do.

Jim O

I do a lot of cheese,but 4 hrs smoke is too much for me. 2 hrs smoke gives me the flavour we like. That being said, it's all a matter of personal taste.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

RAF128

Well the cheese is done.   I had it in for just over 4 hours.   At 2 hours there was little change in the color.   It was a hectic day yesterday so didn't get a picture.   Cheese is in the fridge over night and will vacuum seal it later this morning.   Will get a picture then

RAF128

Here are a few pictures of the finished product

dave01

iceman

rcger

There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!