Amaze-N-Smoker and Triple Smoke

Started by LanduytG, January 01, 2015, 08:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

Something is just not right here, Greg.  I have a six inch A-Maze-N tube.  I use A-MAZE-N pellets.  I light them with a propane torch.  I get 2 - 3 hours of thick smoke, every time.  I suggest you call them and discuss your problem with them.  Their number is: 952 736-7678.  I bet they can solve your problem.  They are a small US company that seems to me to be very concerned with their customer's success.  Joe

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: ragweed on January 03, 2015, 12:48:16 PM
Something is just not right here, Greg.  I have a six inch A-Maze-N tube.  I use A-MAZE-N pellets.  I light them with a propane torch.  I get 2 - 3 hours of thick smoke, every time.  I suggest you call them and discuss your problem with them.  Their number is: 952 736-7678.  I bet they can solve your problem.  They are a small US company that seems to me to be very concerned with their customer's success.  Joe

X2, Greg. ^^ I agree w/ragweed.
With your Holland grill you'll most likely need to find a "sweet spot" where the smoker can get enough air. When I use the tube in my EDS I have to put it in front of a bottom air intake to work. If I put it above the charcoal basket, especially with low and slow, the charcoal takes all of the combustion air and the tube won't stay lit.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

KyNola

Owned a Holland Grill for years.  It doesn't have an air intake because it doesn't require one.  It is a gas fired grill with one central burner in the center of the chamber.  Burns at 400 degrees with no way to adjust cooking temperatures.  Great for quick grilling dinners but I have no doubt it would not be compatible with an AMAZN tube.

renoman

Quote from: KyNola on January 04, 2015, 07:55:03 PM
Owned a Holland Grill for years.  It doesn't have an air intake because it doesn't require one.  It is a gas fired grill with one central burner in the center of the chamber.  Burns at 400 degrees with no way to adjust cooking temperatures.  Great for quick grilling dinners but I have no doubt it would not be compatible with an AMAZN tube.

Why?

LanduytG

Quote from: renoman on January 05, 2015, 06:23:12 AM

Why?

My Holland is a little lower in heat about 300 and you don't want to be in a hurry. But the best thing is you can put the fattiest piece of meat you can find on it and walk away. No fires or flare ups.

Just had some of my new bacon for breakfast, its good but just not enough smoke for my liking. Will have to call amazn to see what we can do.

Greg

LanduytG

Why?

Hollands are really kinda of air tight and thats one reason they don't flare. All the air is comes from under the burner.

Greg

KyNola

Why?
It has no draft to speak of so there would not be sufficient air circulating within the chamber to keep the AMAZN lit.