This year's Christmas gifts (picture heavy)

Started by Grouperman941, January 05, 2015, 07:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

I have a bunch of things to post pictures of from the holidays. We had our typical meat exchange at my house, and I got the new grinder I wanted.

What I gave:

I smoked a whole boneless prime rib, let it rest a day, and cut into  1" slices, which I vac sealed:

I also made three Canadian bacons, which I sliced and packed into 1/2 pound parcels of love:

I did an experiment with Umai dry bag sausage, with some Sopressata. It was good enough to include:

I also made a whole belly bacon, which I sliced thick and thin, including one piece flavored with Applewood seasoning I got from ragweed in the gift exchange. Forgot pics of all the bacon. It was a zoo here. I also included four types of smoked cheese, deli-sliced roast beef (eye round) and my homemade marinated mushrooms (no pics).

What I got:

My brother ordered us some special charcuterie from here: http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/

A beautiful spicy Coppa:

and Lamb prosciutto:

My dad got me a lot of Bradley pucks and a big pack of sausage casings.

My wife and kids gave me the Weston grinder I was hoping for, which I thought I had a pic of but don't, and used it to make this Italian sausage. (I will document the grinder and sausage making in its own thread later):

Hope everyone had a great holiday!
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

tailfeathers

I want to join your family![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ragweed

You're gonna have to get a bigger house.  What with all the folks that want to join your family!!  Very nice.

renoman

Grouperman941

You guys can come by anytime. Nobody leaves empty handed. ;-)

I forgot, too -- my gift baskets included pulled pork in 1 lb packs, Blazin' pistachios, and smoked almonds and cashews, and my dad gave me a beautiful eye round that my Bradley turned into 7 pounds of cold cuts. :-)

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

ragweed

You guys can come by anytime. Nobody leaves empty handed. ;-)

If I could afford a plane ticket, I'd be there tomorrow.  It's 10* F outside now.  The predicted high for tomorrow is 5* F.  I know, not as cold as Canada or the Dakotas, but too cold for me!!

tailfeathers

Ragweed, good to hear you guys in NE are getting tee shirt weather!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

cajunboudreaux

Thanks, now I am hungry. One of my friends does a wild game party every year. It is almost here, this year I am going to knock their socks off.
Laissez les bon temps rouler