injection before smoking vs injection afterwards

Started by just a smokin, January 23, 2015, 09:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

hey guys just a quick question here , i went and bought a beef blade roast 4 LBS and am going to smoke it today. Now with doing this i originally meant to go and put on a decent rub which i did and also inject apple juice, ha ha which i did not due to running out. now in the am i was still thinking about injecting the juice as well as maybe even just before i put this roast into the tin foil when i am done.just curious whats everyone's thoughts are .

and hey thanks in advance to , : - )

tskeeter

I'd think that injecting before smoking would be better than injecting after smoking.  This would give some time for the injection to distribute in the roast, making for a more even distribution of the injection flavors.

Don't limit what you inject to seasoned liquids.  On the tongue, fats make meat seem more moist.  So, you could inject melted butter.  When I smoke or fry turkeys, I always inject them with butter in which I've quickly sauteed a couple of cloves of garlic.  You can't taste the garlic, but the meat is always nice and moist.

dave01

I would inject before starting the cooking process. Once the fat begins breaking down and moving within the meat it will help distribute the marinade. If it's already cooked it will most likely just stay where you inject it