Why my pucks don't completely burn

Started by renoman, January 19, 2015, 07:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Uh, perhaps because this is a forum paid for and provided by the Bradley Smoker Company.  They can shut this down tomorrow if they choose to.  It's called respect.

They even provide a section for "Non Bradley Equipment".  Perhaps your comments and suggestions might be better suited there. 

mustangmoe

In every section there is someone converting something on there bradley. Putting in after market parts from elements to controllers that are definitely not bradley parts and your worried about a suggestion to get a trouble free tube smoker? Really sir are you not looking at what gets posted almost every day or is it who is posting? 

KyNola

Touche', you're right, point taken, carry on, I give up, I'm done....sir.

Divey

Quote from: KyNola on October 28, 2015, 06:31:43 AM
Touche', you're right, point taken, carry on, I give up, I'm done....sir.

;D

beabug

I have had a similar issue with the pucks (bisquette) not being advanced completely through the puck feed area and onto the 'hot plate'. I found it was caused by the sloppy linkage between the shuttle linkage (from the motor) and the shuttle plate itself.
Here's the fix ... Remove the rear plate of the smoke generator and check out the following ....
(1)  Cycle the feeder to advance a puck and Power Off to stop the shuttle when it is fully retracted to the rear of the puck feeder......  (2) You will see a small 'brass' pin and sleeve that connects the linkage from the motor to the shuttle plate .... (3) I was able to move the shuttle plate back and forth about 3mm ~ 4mm due to the slop in this linkage... . (4) In order to reduce this slop in the linkage, I removed the spring steel E-ring (circlip - retaining clip) at the bottom of the brass pin linkage.... (5) Withdraw the pin from the linkage and shuttle plate and install and additional 0.5mm (approx.) fibre washer onto the brass pin.... (6) Then re-insert the pin through the shuttle plate, including the brass sleeve, and reinstate the E-ring circlip.
This significantly reduced the vertical play in this linkage and corrected the excess lateral play between the shuttle linkage and the shuttle plate. The stiffening of this linkage now enables the puck to feed several millimetres further to the hotplate.