new toy ,jerky blaster trying it out

Started by just a smokin, January 24, 2015, 02:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

well I got  a new toy awhile back and had to go and try it out, so i tried making 20 LBS jerky .

well it works... sure does fill up the trays nice

getting mixed up again before filling up jerky blaster

as you can see i have alot of trays to go and fill

trays are all filled now and in the fridge for over night , start smoking in the morning

geting ready to head to smoke house trays are filled tubs are filled

of course the walk to the smoke house now ,full arms ...uugghhh...  :-[

been in the smoker for awhile ,3-4 hours just about done

more a less done now 5-6 hours later

take off racks right away before it cools down

turned out to be pretty good actually

dave01

did you get the whole 20# done at 1 time?
Looks good

just a smokin

ha ha well actually yes i did , i have 3 bradley smokers, and they were going all at the same time.I have them inside a big  some what insulated wooden box , that way it keps the rodents away ,and is better for getting your temp back after opening the door .

Orion

Nice! Looks really good. How was the taste and flavour? What smoke and how long with the smoke on? Thanks for sharing the pictures.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

tskeeter

Quote from: just a smokin on January 24, 2015, 03:55:37 PM

ha ha well actually yes i did , i have 3 bradley smokers, and they were going all at the same time.I have them inside a big  some what insulated wooden box , that way it keps the rodents away ,and is better for getting your temp back after opening the door .

After seeing two v-trays in the pictures, I was going to ask if that meant two smokers.  I missed the v-tray sitting on the table.

Now that's some smoking capacity that you've got.  If I start trying to sweet talk SWMBO into another 6 rack, would you be willing to back me up?  Do things like remind her that she enjoys the Canadian Bacon, and the summer sausage, the kielbasa, and the pulled pork?

iceman

Great looking jerky.
You still have my address right?  ;D

just a smokin

hey you bet there ice man i still have your address .. :)

i usually smoke well for this with me using the blaster i ended up smoking for something 5-6 hours with a temp of 160F.Then stop and don't sample any(try not to anyways) but let it cool down completely and try the next day . I find the cooler it is the better the taste and then if i have to cook longer well use the oven then its faster.I actually add smoke for only 3-4 hours and cook the rest of the time though.

However when using my slicer ... smoke 2-3 hours and cook for a total of 4 hours total in smoker . It will be done then , let it cool over night and then in am chow down .

for my jerky i just a bout always use mesquite smoke,  then for my salmon i use alder .

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

CP312

Quote from: just a smokin on January 25, 2015, 12:40:09 PM

hey you bet there ice man i still have your address .. :)

i usually smoke well for this with me using the blaster i ended up smoking for something 5-6 hours with a temp of 160F.Then stop and don't sample any(try not to anyways) but let it cool down completely and try the next day . I find the cooler it is the better the taste and then if i have to cook longer well use the oven then its faster.I actually add smoke for only 3-4 hours and cook the rest of the time though.

However when using my slicer ... smoke 2-3 hours and cook for a total of 4 hours total in smoker . It will be done then , let it cool over night and then in am chow down .

for my jerky i just a bout always use mesquite smoke,  then for my salmon i use alder .

That looks great! So you always smoke longer when you use a gun vs cut meat? I was reading recipes off the Bradley site and was wondering if I could use a jerky gun since the recipe says t slice the meat. Any advice would be appreciated.

just a smokin

hey there CP312 , well to answer the question you had a bout my time for jerky sliced versus using a jerky blaster. well usually i find my meat coming from the jerky blaster is thicker ... so it will take longer in time to cook, as compared to that of the sliced (muscle) jerky.for me ... i find 4-5 hours at 160 F good for sliced ... while for using the jerky blaster ... it is about 6-7 plus hours . however you can get more meat on the trays with the jerky blaster . i hope this helps ... and im sorry for taking so long to reply ..