need info for good smoked pork recipe

Started by just a smokin, January 26, 2015, 08:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

Hey there everyone , was just wondering if anyone might have a kick butt recipe for smoking a pork roast . i have saw some fantastic recipes on here before with them doing a rub with mustard or even molasses and i beleive they again had injected probally apple juice too.i was just wondering if some of the people here might either have or are willing to maybe share a recipe like that ?  :)

what i was planning on doing maybe so far was to go and do the rub down with molassess , then use Jans hot rub with an injection of apple juice in the middle of the meat , well you know what i mean, ha ha .Please tell me what your thought are about this , either good or bad please. and i would be cooking 225F till it has the proper internal temp ( i beleive 175-185F).

i guess this will be used for sandwhichs or just on a plate with veggies

i thank you all in advance Dan :)

KyNola

The plan you have posted will work just fine.  Only thing I will add is if you are planning to slice the meat then you can call it done when the internal temperature reaches 160.  If you are going to make pulled pork I would suggest you take the internal temperature up to at least 190-195.

Others will come along with different ideas about proper pulling temperatures, etc.  What I have posted is my personal preference.

Good luck and let us know the results.

Dano

+2. Depends on if you're slicing or pulling. I've done plenty of pulled pork but not sliced roast - I figure I'm already at 160F, what's another 35 degrees. ;)

I'd FTC it regardless though. I don't inject or brine but that's just preference. A good rub, a good rum, and 4 hrs of smoke is all you need.
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

iceman

Quote from: Dano on January 27, 2015, 08:09:35 AM
I'd FTC it regardless though. I don't inject or brine but that's just preference. A good rub, a good rum, and 4 hrs of smoke is all you need.

I'd go with the pulled pork temp KyNola mentioned and the way Dano cooks it.  ;D

just a smokin

Well hey there guys , thanks and i really appreiate that , i will for sure let everyone know the results , hopefully it will be within this next week.

thanks again Dan