Hello, newbie here from Northern Manitoba Canada!

Started by TMcAree, January 29, 2015, 08:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMcAree

Hello all, The wife just bought be an original Bradley 4 rack for Christmas and I am getting the itch to try it out! The only downfall is the -40c weather here right now :(   I'm learning a lot just by reading up on the site and looks like a lot of great people here!

tskeeter

Welcome to the forum, TM!

Here's something for your reading list.  Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes at www.susanminor.org.  These are recipes from the forum's most experienced smokers.  I find them a great source of ideas.  And that they are written by Bradley owners means they are pretty Bradley specific, with quite a lot of detail, suggestions, tips, and observations from the people who wrote them.  I've had consistent success the first time out using these recipes.

dave01

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

rjm240

Perfect weather for a cold smoke!  ;)

Just need to make sure your puck burner is hot enough to burn the pucks.  I've done some steaks in colder temps around -20 deg C that turned out great.  Just need to make sure there's a windbreak around the OBS and you can use the heating element on low to get the cabinet temp up enough to help the puck burner too.