New batch of jerky

Started by RAF128, February 03, 2015, 08:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAF128

Back in the fall my wife and I were shopped for groceries and she spotted a 5 1/2 pound round roast on sale.   She suggested I buy it for jerky, so I did.   It's been in the freezer until now.  Decided I wanted some fresh jerky so took the meat out of freezer and put it in the fridge to thaw.  Yesterday sliced it all up and seasoned.   I'm using a Hi Mountain pepper blend jerky it.  I've tried several of their kits and this is my favorite.
This morning the meat went into the Bradley.   Going to smoke for 2 hours with Maple and then transfer it to the dehydrator to finish.   In the past I've finished it in the smoker but it seemed to take too long and was inconsistent.  Had take some pieces out and let the rest go.   I have rotated the meat but that doesn't seem to help for me.   Any jerky I've made in the dehydrator is always consistent.

RAF128

Just finished transferring the jerky to the dehydrator.   To my amazement some was already done.  The bottom rack was done and some of the pieces on the upper racks that were on the edges of the racks were done.   And it quite tasty.   I'm happy.

dave01