Bradley Digital thermometer

Started by Tim S, August 05, 2006, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim S

Anyone use the Digital thermometer that Bradley sells? Just wondering how reliable it is.
Tim S

Oldman

I had one and it worked great. The only problem is there is no on / off switch so you have to remove the batteries.

I now have two wireless Weber Style thermometers.  Got them at Sears for $29.95 each. I like them better.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

I've got one and it works fine, only problems is as Olds highlights.

However, I replaced it with a Maverick dual probe model to monitor cabinet and meat temperature at the same time. It also has a remote unit so I can keep an eye on temps whilst inside the house, I prefer the maverick and think it is better value for money.
Manxman

icerat4

The maverick is the only way to go.I have all 3 and i like the mavrick the best.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Tim S

Thanks Guys. I will plan on getting the maverick. I Hope to order my smoker this weekend.
Tim S

SmokyJones

Where is the best place to get a Dual Probe Maverick?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SmokyJones on December 05, 2006, 06:14:12 PM
Where is the best place to get a Dual Probe Maverick?

If you live in the U.S.A. I purchased mine from:

http://www.thegadgetsource.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=tgs&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=011502013733

They seem to have the most competitive price, and they don't charge you with outrageous shipping costs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokyJones

Thanks Hab!  I can't wait to enhance the "art" of smoking.  Right now I have a flat brisket going and I guess that I am going to have to kind of time it to 1 to 1 1/2 hrs per lb.  HOPE it turns out OK.  I'll be sure to check out that site.  This is my second go at it as I just got my BS last week.  Thinking of slapping  PID in it as well.  It'll probably take me a couple of weeks or so to get all the extra equipment together....but hey...Practice make perfect right?  Also doing some salmon for the lady later today.

whitetailfan

The Maverick is the cadillac of probes based on the trusted reviews around here.  If its out of your price range, the Bradley is a decent machine.  I bought some $20 specials before and the probe that comes with the Bradley is superior.  It is a lot thicker and more pliable.  If you dont submerge it in water it should last a long time.  My other probes went caput...and caused bad readings.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Mplsgordon

I have two Bradley digitals, both fairly new. They both started giving bad readings after I used them outdoors in sub-freezing weather. I've replaced the batteries, and they both are still reading at least 100 degrees above what they should be.

Any ideas?

SmokyJones

What makes the Maverick the cadillac of thermos whitetail?  I bought one at Hab's recommendation (he posted a good link) and I'm waiting for it to be delivered as we speak.  UPS says it is out for delivery, but I have yet to see them...  How are the probes on the Mav?