Intermittent Puck Feed Problems

Started by tskeeter, February 10, 2015, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: murmur on February 16, 2015, 06:06:34 PM
Here is what I discovered in a rare moment of clarity-quick fix and I anticipate no more issues-Shame on you Bradley

What did you discover?  I don't see a pic or anything.

renoman

Quote from: murmur on February 16, 2015, 06:06:34 PM
I solved a 3 year mystery on my 4 rack digital.
Intermittent E-codes drove me crazy and had me shimming the control arm-micro switch interface.
Here is what I discovered in a rare moment of clarity-quick fix and I anticipate no more issues-Shame on you Bradley

I'm holding my breath for this.......

renoman

murmur

Battery died on my camera- Will post soon as it is charged.

Gafala

I have never had a puck feed problem, the one I have had was the puck burner connector, this also could be the same problem. Next time it happens I will check the alignment of the connector. :D
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

renoman

So you are saying that it is in the white connector just seen in the bottom of these pics or the wires that they are plugged into. Sorry don't have a better pic of that.

murmur

The issue is inside the white wire connector.

murmur

Quote from: Gafala on February 16, 2015, 08:24:34 PM
I have never had a puck feed problem, the one I have had was the puck burner connector, this also could be the same problem. Next time it happens I will check the alignment of the connector. :D
Notice the travel on the pipe.

renoman

Interesting theory but I don't think I am buying it. At least not in my situation. When they sent me a new micro switch it was the wrong one and it came with a third wire in the harness and plug so I soldered on the old harness and it has worked fine up until a couple of smokes ago where again it began to intermittently stop feeding pucks. However when I took my old microswitch apart there was just nothing to see that could have been faulty so I am not sure why the new one worked better.

Gafala

Here is a though, we are dealing with a sticky smoke that will stick to any thing, could it be that this is causing the problems with the micro switches and the connectors it is acidic could cause corrosion on parts. Just a though.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

renoman

Quote from: Gafala on February 17, 2015, 05:16:25 PM
Here is a though, we are dealing with a sticky smoke that will stick to any thing, could it be that this is causing the problems with the micro switches and the connectors it is acidic could cause corrosion on parts. Just a though.

My smoker was almost new when my switch crapped out. My problems now may be related to the cold as both times it was well below zero and it seamed to stop working properly when the dummy pucks hit the feeder so I won't blame the smoker until I try it on a warmer day.