News, Info and Fun Stuff !!

Started by Bradley Marketing, February 18, 2015, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley Marketing

In this topic we will post all kinds of stuff. Whether it's news, info on existing stuff or just fun and helpful links! So if you want to keep up to speed on what is going on in the world wide web of Smoked Foods make sure you check in!!

Bradley Marketing

And.... For those who forgot about Valentine's Day (and need to make up for something this weekend), we got you covered!!
Check out this delicious recipe blog for smoked Duck.. You WILL be forgiven after serving this ;)

https://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/forgot-valentines-day-got-back/

Bradley Marketing

Oh and before I forget: for the ones who missed our newsflash a couple of weeks ago:

Bradley Smoker is opening yet another office and manufacturing plant in Arizona, Phoenix!! This will be an addition to the offices we have in Galesburg, Ill and our office in Delta, BC.

We are currently looking for staff both office and manufacturing. So if you live in the Phoenix area and you are looking for a job, send your resume to [email protected] and maybe you will be our new co worker!!

Thanks everyone!!

TedEbear

Quote from: Bradley Marketing on February 18, 2015, 12:53:53 PM
Cooking times and internal temperatures! Definitely worth taking a look at!!

Hmm...I'm not so sure I agree with some of those temps in the chart.  For instance, it says 165*F is the finished cooking temp for a pork butt.  Heck, that's right in the middle of the stall period, when all of the magic happens.  Pull it out of the smoker then and it will be rather tough. 

The brisket temp of 175*F for being done looks a little early, too.  I like to take mine to at least 190*F and then do the fork twist test for the next 5-10 degrees.

Is it done yet? Cooking times and internal temperatures guide

Bradley Marketing

Quote from: TedEbear on February 18, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
Quote from: Bradley Marketing on February 18, 2015, 12:53:53 PM
Cooking times and internal temperatures! Definitely worth taking a look at!!

Hmm...I'm not so sure I agree with some of those temps in the chart.  For instance, it says 165*F is the finished cooking temp for a pork butt.  Heck, that's right in the middle of the stall period, when all of the magic happens.  Pull it out of the smoker then and it will be rather tough. 

The brisket temp of 175*F for being done looks a little early, too.  I like to take mine to at least 190*F and then do the fork twist test for the next 5-10 degrees.

Is it done yet? Cooking times and internal temperatures guide

I see your point.. Of course you can get your meat up too a higher internal temperature, nothing wrong with that. But this is what the FDA gives out for safe food handling, so if you would follow this you surely would be fine to eat it. However, some people like to cook their stuff a bit longer, that's all part of the fun of cooking/food smoking. Make it the way YOU like it best!! :)

Bradley Marketing

Try this! Smoked Pampered Daddy aka Baba GanoushAnd feel free to let us know how it worked out!! (that goes for every recipe btw ;) )

https://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/pampered-daddy-smoked-baba-ganoush/