Hello from Northern California

Started by piratey, February 25, 2015, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piratey

Hello All,

Got married about half a year ago and my wife is from Washington.  Neighbors and friends used to spoil her family with smoked salmon and she's been really missing it, so she's encouraging me to get a smoker.  After some research, I've narrowed down my choice to a MES or a Bradley.

Couple questions:
As I read the forums, I see people having issues with the puck feeder or the heating element.  How common are these issues and what is the usual fix?  How responsive is Bradley customer service?  No retail stores around me carry the Bradley, so I'll be getting it from Amazon.  Returns may be a hassle if there are issues.

Are the bubba pucks still available anywhere?  I did some searching and can't seem  to find anyone carrying them online.

If you could give me one piece of advice or tell me the most useful thing you've learned while using your Bradley, what would it be?

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Try Yard&Pool.com.  They have bubba pucks and all the Bradley smokers, plus any parts and accessories you may need.  Bradley Customer service is absolutely the best!!  Advice?  Be patient.

dave01

Hello and welcome to the forum. Bradley customer service is said by many to be the best. I've never had a problem with mine so have never contacted them myself. Most of the issues you read about are easy fixes. Auber the maker of PID controllers also sell Bubba Pucks. As Ragweed said, one of  the biggest things to learn when smoking is to have patience.

TedEbear

Quote from: piratey on February 25, 2015, 06:33:49 PM
Are the bubba pucks still available anywhere?  I did some searching and can't seem  to find anyone carrying them online.

Welcome aboard.

Amazon sells Bradley Bisquettes

Cabela's also sells Bradley Bisquettes.

Click on either link for the latest lists.

Also, there is lots of helpful info on the Bradley user website.  Check out their FAQ section plus browse through all the recipes, etc., at Old's Place.

beefmann

welcome aboard,

i think bradley smokers are  one of the  best around, great  customer  service, after owning mine for 8 years the  only items that did go out is the  micro switch and bisquite motor, also did a  heater upgrade soon after i  received  mine, and it  has  not  failed yet.

one piece of advice i would give is depending on  show  much food you  will be  smoking at once is which  smoker to  purchase, The 4 rack i have been  able to  get  just under 45  lbs of tri tip in it, not sure of  how  much the  6 rack  would hold  i would be  guessing  near 60 lbs of  tri tip,  This  would not  hold true for all types of meats, varying densities fat content and  how thick it is...

good  luck and enjoy,,, kip the  misses happy 

piratey

Quote from: ragweed on February 25, 2015, 07:02:26 PM
Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Try Yard&Pool.com.  They have bubba pucks and all the Bradley smokers, plus any parts and accessories you may need.  Bradley Customer service is absolutely the best!!  Advice?  Be patient.

Yard & Pool is out of Bubba Pucks at the moment.

piratey

Quote from: dave01 on February 26, 2015, 05:03:52 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Bradley customer service is said by many to be the best. I've never had a problem with mine so have never contacted them myself. Most of the issues you read about are easy fixes. Auber the maker of PID controllers also sell Bubba Pucks. As Ragweed said, one of  the biggest things to learn when smoking is to have patience.

I tried look at Auber's website but could not find the bubba pucks.  Can anyone help?

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

TedEbear

Quote from: piratey on February 26, 2015, 10:02:16 AM
I tried look at Auber's website but could not find the bubba pucks.  Can anyone help?

Oops...I originally mistook you asking for bisquettes when you were asking for puck savers.  Here's the link:

Bisquette Saver for Bradley Smoker

$26 on eBay or $21.50 directly from Auber - take your pick.

piratey

Thanks.  I pulled the trigger during lunch.  Bradley Original, Cover, Alder bisquettes box and the puck savers.  I had only seen the eBay link so I paid the $26 plus $10 for shipping.  Hoping to start smoking some salmon this weekend.

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

iceman

Quote from: piratey on February 26, 2015, 01:19:02 PM
Thanks.  I pulled the trigger during lunch.  Bradley Original, Cover, Alder bisquettes box and the puck savers.  I had only seen the eBay link so I paid the $26 plus $10 for shipping.  Hoping to start smoking some salmon this weekend.

You're in for some fun now!  ;D
Welcome aboard!

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Bradleys customer service is second to none. I know them personally as the head office is ten minutes from me. Great bunch of people and they will bend over backwards to help you.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.