There really is a HOG HEAVEN

Started by iceman, February 26, 2015, 02:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I know this for a fact now cause me and Miss Ann where just there last night  ;)
Thanks to the generosity and kindness of Mr. and Mrs. KyNola we finally got to try a "REAL" country ham from Kentucky!!!
Both of us are still having a hard time believing our taste buds and I still pinch myself once in awhile to make sure it isn't a dream  ;D
All we can say is WOW!  :)

The Pictures tell it all. First the soak, then the bake and finally the glaze. Had to cut the hock off just to fit it in the roasting pan.

Stay away from your key board or you just might drool on it  ;D

dave01

wow, my taste buds are activating just looking at it

Wildcat

Looks great! Great pigs here in the south.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

KyNola

You really did that ham justice Pat.  Glad you enjoyed it.

TMB

Looks great!   Country ham is hard to beat..    Now, where is the biscuits and red eye gravy to go with it?  ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

iceman

Quote from: TMB on February 27, 2015, 08:00:40 AM
Looks great!   Country ham is hard to beat..    Now, where is the biscuits and red eye gravy to go with it?  ;)

Did that for breakfast this morning  ;D

NePaSmoKer

TMB

Quote from: iceman on February 27, 2015, 09:38:58 AM
Quote from: TMB on February 27, 2015, 08:00:40 AM

Did that for breakfast this morning  ;D
HA HA ;D ;D ;D  Should have known  ;) ;)
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

RedJada

Man, that looks good. How can I get one of them to Ohio?  ;D

mustangmoe

So was your Kentucky country ham smoked or non smoked? In southeastern Virginia, most hams are smoked to accelerate drying and to give added flavor so I was wondering about that part.

iceman

Hickory Smoked to perfection!  ;D

pensrock

That ham looks great. I love country ham but do not get to Va much anymore to pick up a few slices like I used to do when traveling for work. Great fo breakfast as well as dinner.  :)

cajunboudreaux

Laissez les bon temps rouler