looked for advice on pulled pork

Started by MNsmoker56288, March 03, 2015, 09:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNsmoker56288

I am making 10lbs of pulled pork and 2 racks of ribs for a bday gathering this weekend and in search of recommendations as far as wood type amd smoke times or any seggustions even brine versus dry cure and rubs.

manfromplaid

for my pulled pork I like to use jan's rub (find the recipe on this forum) so a dry rub. I use mostly apple for my pulled pork but will use hickory for a stronger smoke in the mix
good luck and have fun
jeff

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

ragweed

For me it's Jan's rub on both ribs and P. butt.  Apple or hickory, sometimes pecan.

beefmann

above is good advice,

also after the  smoking process on the pork loin place on foil... add some apple juice and wrap tightly then  place back in the smoker... continue to  cook untill the  pork roasts  reaches  195 - 200 F atg  which  point  it  should be  ready to pull, can reheat in crock  pot if needed.

as for the  ribs done a  lil  different 3 hours of  smoke,,, 2 hours  wrapped in foil with apple  juice,, then  remove for another hour and  baste   with your favourite bbq sauce,,

then you  should be  ready to go,,, have a  great  day

MNsmoker56288

I am loving the advice deffinently gonna try Jan's lol highly recommended. And for the apple juice what are the merits of injection. Unfortunately i am stilling trying to learn were all these topics are lol

Grouperman941

Quote from: ragweed on March 03, 2015, 10:45:42 AM
For me it's Jan's rub on both ribs and P. butt.  Apple or hickory, sometimes pecan.

I used to only do pecan.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

ragweed

For great recipes and advice try susanminor.org.  The site for recipes by forum members.  Jan's rub is there.  As is 10.5's "How to" on ribs.  A person could probably spend days reading everything!!  Don't know about injecting apple juice but I think Beefmann meant to just pour some into the foil with the meat.  Helps with moisture.  Could add water, wine, beer, really any liquid I guess.  Whatever trips your trigger.  Most use apple juice I think.  Hope this helps....Joe

MNsmoker56288

Helps tons thanks a ton guys.  I will be getting pics on here somehow of the progress lol