Bisquette Burner temp

Started by seagravedriver, March 09, 2015, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagravedriver

I have, through a series of unfortunate events, ended up with an additional Bradley Smoker.  I am noticing that the "new" to me, smoker, seems to have a hotter bisquette burner.  Do these wear, or is there just some differences, as the hotter is the one that is older. How consumed should the pucks be when they get booted off the burner?  I just don't have the smoke rolling out like I am used to. 

I have not been doing much smoking lately, as life has been busy.  Now I am back at it, and the smells are making the family smile!

dave01

I think they are all 125 watts, one maybe cleaner than the other making it a little hotter

TedEbear

Quote from: seagravedriver on March 09, 2015, 12:23:31 PMI am noticing that the "new" to me, smoker, seems to have a hotter bisquette burner.  Do these wear, or is there just some differences, as the hotter is the one that is older.

You can check them both with a multimeter.  Since they are both 125W, each should read close to 115 ohms.  Disconnect one or both legs of the burner when you do the reading.