smoking pork roast

Started by fuzzy3955, March 28, 2015, 08:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy3955

Want to smoke 4 pork roast for a big party figure i could split them up on 2 racks in my obs. just want to know to about how long and what temperature to smoke at. will be smoking a couple of days before the party and will reheat and slice then. would appreciate any and all advice.

thanks fuzzy

beefmann

depending on total weight of the 4 pork roasts, I.E 5 lbs each , total 20 lbs  Vs. 10 lbs and total 40 lbs is how I  would approach it,

If total weight is around  20 lbs i would smoke all at  once and go for pulled pork,.. Box temp set at  225 F , smoke for no more then 4 hours of your  favourite smoke. and continue on till an it of 195 F, To help keep the meat  moist wrap the pork in foil  with  some apple juice and cover completely then  continue to cook.

if 22 - 25 lbs or  more  do in two  smokes  with the same process as above for  both  smokes. also once one  gets  down ,, let  stand  10  minutes and pull apart  with  forks , let  cool and into  fridge,

to reheat .. place in crock pot /s and turn on high to re heat

enjoy   

Habanero Smoker

Where is the roast cut from. If it is from the loin or ham section, you only want to take those cuts to 145°F. For the loin I generally will take them to 142°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

fuzzy3955

wife says they are whole pork butts and would like a nice smoke flavor and be able to slice into nice thick pieces

Habanero Smoker

For 1/4" - 1/2" slices, you may want to take them only to 180°F - 185°F, and slice across the grain. Check for tenderness by inserting a fork. If it can go in and out easily, but can't be twisted it should be ready for slicing. If you cut really thick, 195°F temperature may work well, but it may fall apart.

If you want steak thickness slices, you could debone the shoulder, cut it into 1" steaks. That would give you the maximum amount of smoke. Search the internet for pork blade steaks recipe, and adapt that recipe for cooking in the Bradley.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)