New owner of a Bradley 4 rack Smoker

Started by Oderus, April 05, 2015, 08:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oderus

Greetings from Calgary Alberta Canada!

Just picked up my Bradley yesterday and I'm in love!

Read the manual before I did anything and seasoned it according to the manual using Maple wood. Then I went out and bought a nice piece of Salmon, I'm told the easiest thing to smoke, and followed a Bradley recipe I read in a Bradley book I bought with the smoker. Maple Cure Smoked Salmon using Maple wood. I have a digital thermometer which I used to validate the internal temperate of the cabinet. After the 2.5 hour cure, pat dry and let sit for 45 mins (should have been 60 mins but I was losing patience), I preheated the cabinet to 200F for 15 mins. Then I did 1h 40m worth of Maple smoke in 35F weather which I was concerned with.

The wife and I had the best smoked Salmon experience in our lives. I'm still in shock how good it was. It had a perfect amount of bark and when you put a fork to it, it fell apart and was so juicy and tender. Fell apart like you were eating warm butter. Salmon flavoured butter. :)

Now I'm just waiting for the pork belly I bought yesterday to thaw out so I can cure it for 7 days and make my own smoked bacon.

I also want to do pork ribs using the 3-2-1 rule.

I'm very excited that it's spring and looking forward to trying recipe's from everyone in this forum!

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Here are a few links to get you started, including the Bradley user recipe site.

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET733

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

Pork butts are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Smoker John

Welcome aboard, you will love your bacon amongst other things.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

piratey

I took smoked salmon to my Easter family get together, along with the Canadian bacon I just finished and both were universally appreciated.  Welcome aboard and enjoy.

seb bot

Hail Oderus, welcome to the forum from BC!

TedEbear has given some good links, be sure to check out the recipe site; there is a very good how-to on doing ribs using the 3-2-1 method... Good luck with your future smokes!

I hesitate to ask, but do you know Gwar?? ( I chuckled at your user name...)

dave01

FLOODER31

Welcome from another 4 rack Albertan !!!!! smoking is the bomb!!!!!

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from N E Minnesota

Paul
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
― Mahatma Gandhi
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi