Which Bisquettes Are The Strongest.

Started by Divey, April 05, 2015, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divey

I smoked some almonds yesterday and I used the Apple Flavoured Bisquettes, smoked them for two hours and I reckon the Almonds could do with a little more smoking.

I have a Variety Pack of the Bisquettes and I'm wondering out of the Alder, Apple, Hickory, Maple and the Mesquite, which of these would give me the strongest smoke flavour.

MoHuka

I go to Hickory or Mesquite when I want a stronger smoke flavor..
MoSmoker

beefmann

i would be careful when smoking nuts of any  kind,,, i would go with a  medium wood next  like oak, alder, special or pacific blend before using the  strong  woods  like hickory and misquite which are  quite strong and may be over powering on the nuts,, of  give the  nuts 20  or  40 minutes of  smoke and decide on the  next batch on  what to do..

just my  2 cents

Divey

Thanks for the replies.

Seeing as there was little smokiness ofter two hours with the Apple, I decided to go with the mesquite. I see how that goes.

Grouperman941

Quote from: Divey on April 05, 2015, 07:47:33 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Seeing as there was little smokiness ofter two hours with the Apple, I decided to go with the mesquite. I see how that goes.

The flavor will also come out better after the nuts rest a day or two. I have done as much as 3 hours of apple on almonds or cashews. The almonds are pretty dense and slow to suck up the smoke, but it gets there. If you really like smoke flavor, there's nothing to lose trying the stronger woods. Mesquite can get a 'harsh' aftertaste that is less favorable, but I don't mind it.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?