Smoked Almonds.

Started by Divey, April 06, 2015, 07:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

I get my almonds from the Nut Stop at $6.99per pound, Roasted salted almonds, that way all I need to do is smoke them I get 25lbs at a time. It's about time I do some more only have 1lb left.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Matth on February 24, 2018, 11:26:59 AM
I'm going to try using popcorn salt.  That is about as fine a textured salt as one can find.

I take my salt and place it in my mini processor. I use my Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor. A couple of pulses will turn it into a fine powder. On a side note, if you need confectionery sugar, and you have none on hand, it will turn granulated white sugar into confectionery with a few pulses.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Divey

I still have trouble getting the salt to stick to the almonds. I'm going to try using some lightly beaten egg white with the salt to see if it sticks.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Divey on February 25, 2018, 08:13:54 PM
I still have trouble getting the salt to stick to the almonds. I'm going to try using some lightly beaten egg white with the salt to see if it sticks.

I've done that and it works very well. I have the best success by smoking the almonds first, next using egg white to help the seasoning to adhere, then finishing in the kitchen oven.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

swemax

I mix the salt with a bit of water into a slurry
And then mix it up with the almonds
Then dry them on low temp in the oven (convection)
Once dry they go into the bradley

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk