burnt ends

Started by manfromplaid, March 26, 2015, 01:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

I have the point left over from when I did my first brisket still in the freezer. would I or should I thaw and make burnt ends. if it seems like a good idea to the more exp. do you have a favorite way of doing them. open to all ideas 
jeff

beefmann

go for it,,, and enjoy

manfromplaid

And here they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave01

Grouperman941

Looks good. I just did my first brisket and want to make burnt ends too. What method did you use?
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

manfromplaid

i smoked/cooked the whole brisket a couple weeks ago. after 1 full meal 4 snack and sandwich meals i was left with the point. defrosted it in the fridge and cubed it up. made a glaze of honey-bbq sauce-thinned with some dr pepper. heated glaze over low heat and then coated brisket cubes. placed in 9X13 foil pan with all the glaze. preheat to 225 (don't know if it was needed but i used a full water bowl). placed pan on bottom rack left for 2 hrs  stirred left for 1 hr  stirred to coat all the meat another 1 1/2  hr  and eat ;D
jeff

Grouperman941

Thanks for the info. I think I'll try something similar right now. :-)

I only have half the point -- the rest, I cubed and heated slowly in a skillet with a little broth. That may have been better than the slices from the flat. Delicious.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

WoodlawnSmoker

Looks like candy, very nice!

manfromplaid

And chop some up add onion peppers and rice  stuffed peppers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk