Smoke cabinet for the Bradly

Started by highnwild, May 12, 2015, 09:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highnwild

This is the start still need to add a smoke chimney

piratey

Looks like a good start.  Do you ever plan to cold smoke?  You may need an adjustment for that.

highnwild

I do plan to cold smoke so what do I need to do piratey.

I m building the chimney for the smoker out of some 2" pipe now, just gotta weld it up and install.

Your thinking about a intake vent?

cathouse willy

Highnwild have a look at this link to the bradley cold smoke device and you'll see what you need to cold smoke.You don't have to use this one, many have built their own boxes to house the smoke generator separate from the cabinet ranging from cardboard boxes...a bit dicey for me... to metal rural mailboxes.separating the smoke generator from the cabinet makes it easy to keep the  cabinet temp in the 70f-90f range needed to cold smoke
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/smoker-accessories/cold-smoke-adapter/

highnwild

gotcha cathouse

Kinda wish I knew that from the start of this.

oh well live and learn. thanks

Grouperman941

Quote from: highnwild on May 12, 2015, 07:06:32 PM
gotcha cathouse

Kinda wish I knew that from the start of this.

oh well live and learn. thanks

A three or four inch hole in the side that you can cap will make this easily convertible for cold smoking. That cabinet looks great.

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

piratey

I went the mailbox route, with a 4 inch dryer hose and it works fine.  You would need an opening in the side at the same level as the opening in the bradley smoker on the left side.

tskeeter

highnwild, a suggestion for your smoke chimney.  With the smoker shed you've built, I'd bring the chimney out through the front of your shed, above the doors, rather than through the roof.  The reason for this is that if you go through the roof, you've got to find a way to make a hole in your board and batton roof weather tight.  If you go through the front of your shed, the overhang protects where your hole will need to be from the weather, so I don't think you'd have to do much more than run a few screws through a vent cover to dress up the hole you cut.

Note that insect screen on a vent cover will reduce the air flow by about 50%.  If you want to use a screened cover, you'll want to take that into consideration when you size your vent pipe.