Can I use digital smoke gen on old box?

Started by scottyoc68, May 21, 2015, 04:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottyoc68

I recently inherited an old smoker box with a broken smoke generator .  Can I just buy the new digital generator and mount it to my box???

cathouse willy

to be short no, The digital smoke gen needs a sensor in the cabinet the analog cabinet doesn't have.For the money and trouble you would be better off with a new analog smoke gen and an outboard controller assuming the cabinet is in good shape

Tiny Tim

There is a bypass plug that comes with the cold smoke adapter, that plugs in, in place of the sensor cord for those with the digital smoker.  You can use the digital smoke generator if you acquire one of these plugs...either through the purchase of the cold smoke adapter, or from an original owner who does not need the plug.

Mr Walleye

Scotty

In addition to what Tiny Tim said you can also build a by-pass plug. They are a pretty simple project. Here's a link.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?880-Bypass-Plug-For-Bradley-Digital&p=1326#post1326

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

tskeeter

You can also buy a Bradley OEM bypass plug or two or three (just in case you lose track of one) from Yard and Pool when you buy your smoke generator.