Where did all the oldtimers go?

Started by Wildcat, May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Here is the scoop on the Facebook Page "Bradley Smoker Fan Club".  It is a simply a group mostly of folks who own a Bradley, including Wade Bradley.  I don't know if it is the "official" FB page of Bradley or not.  It is a "closed group" and members have to be admitted to prevent a constant barrage of spam and they still sneak in from time to time.  When it occurs the individual is permanently banned from the Group.  No different than when you initially joined the Forum.  There are currently 1,921 members from all over the world, 23 of them new, 8 waiting to be admitted so the Group is not for the "chosen few".

If you would like to be added to the Group please send me a PM message on this Forum that gives your complete name on Facebook and something on your FB page to let me know I am adding the correct person and not someone else with your same name.

Hope this information clears up any questions or concerns about the page.

Wildcat

Larry,

At this point in time I barely know enough about facebook to set up my page (probably not properly nor securely) and do not really trust it. I really do not want to intentionally give access to my and my family's posts to a lot of people that I do not know. I personally do not put anything on it that I am not willing to share with the world, but some of my friends and family do which shows up on my page sometimes. Until I feel more secure with facebook I think I will pass on your kind offer. I still have concerns about why I have, until now, been kept in the dark about this. I thank you my friend for telling me about it.

Rick
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoker John

I really enjoyed this forum when I joined about 3 years ago, kind of sad it has dwindled as far as a lot of the regulars go. I still show up 7check posts out etc once in a while.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

oldsmoker

Still check and find good advice. Still find some oldtimers but still miss the rest. Thanks to those that are no longer and thanks for your great advice. 
OLDSMOKER

Tenpoint5

Life has gotten in the way. Changed jobs and work 60 plus hours a week.  Just don't get on the forum like I used to. Still stop by when I can just haven't posted much
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cajunboudreaux

Kinda sucks it has gone down hill some. Hopefully the Oldtimers will come back. It was always nice seeing their advice and strategies.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

Wildcat

Good seeing you on here 10.5. I gave up that working stuff about 8 years ago.

beefmann

i know i have  not been posting as  much on here, also this is the first that i have heard of bradleys face  book page, not sure  if i want to be active  there and here as well, will have to think about it a bit,

is there any  way i can  view the  bradley face book page in advance?

Smoker John

beefmann, I'm not sure if you can see much as it is a closed group (I'm not a member). Bradley also looks like it has an official "community FB page" I'm not sure if the fan club page is.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Shuswap

Beefman, join the grop then if you want to leave the group.  Frankly I prefer the forum to the group because there is more info in the meaningful posts.

Tiny Tim

Am I an oldtimer?

I don't post a lot anymore, but read here daily.  Don't use the smoker a lot either, since to be worthwhile, I need to smoke enough for leftovers, and since I am home most of the day every day, leftovers always call out to me until they are no longer able (because they have been eaten).

Wildcat

Hi Tiny. You signed up a year after me and I feel old. Still go the cats?

Tiny Tim

Sadly, they're both waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.  So far I have stuck to my plan of not getting any more pets until I have a human companion, but it's getting more and more difficult...kitten and puppy pictures are just too dang cute.

Toker

I'M still there less, but still there.

watchdog56

I check this site every day and was wondering where did every one go. I never knew there was a Facebook group and unfortunately I am not on Facebook or even have  a cell phone, (wife does but I don't use it). I miss a lot of the old timers knowledge and help when it comes to smoking.

It is hard for me to understand how ego's get in the way here. If someone is looking for a recipe or needs help with a problem and someone suggests something, it does not mean it is the only way to do it. It means that is what has worked for them. Does not make it right or wrong. As proven over time there are many ways to do things, it is what ever works best for you. Again can't believe ego's are that big.

I have recommended this site to many of my friends because of all the help and ideas I have gotten over the years and to see it dwindle does suck. I would hope (and don't know if possible) that somehow or some one could get the members to come back and make this the great forum that it has been in the past. That way anyone who is into smoking would benefit not just a select few who are in a group.
Isn't the intent of a forum to help people out??  If it was not for the Facebook forum I would HOPE that many of the members would still be here contributing to the new members looking for answers!