Where did all the oldtimers go?

Started by Wildcat, May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: Wildcat on May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM
Did you guys fall off the planet the last time we sling shotted around the sun? Seems like there are only 5 or 6 that are still posting and even those do not post as much.

I used to spend hours nearly each day surfing various forums.  It says at the top of the page that I've spent over 24 days on this forum alone. I've been trying to cut back on that and do more productive things with my time.  I'll stop by here maybe once a month but that's about it.  I don't do FB.

beefmann

Quote from: TedEbear on June 16, 2015, 06:49:38 AM
Quote from: Wildcat on May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM
Did you guys fall off the planet the last time we sling shotted around the sun? Seems like there are only 5 or 6 that are still posting and even those do not post as much.

I used to spend hours nearly each day surfing various forums.  It says at the top of the page that I've spent over 24 days on this forum alone. I've been trying to cut back on that and do more productive things with my time.  I'll stop by here maybe once a month but that's about it.  I don't do FB.

Ted, Im  right behind you at 22 days and 12 hr... looks like i need to  spend a  lil  more  time on here,,,, :)

Tiny Tim

Rookies. lol  88 days, 2 hours, xx minutes.  Does that mean I have no life?  :o :o :o

(just kidding with the rookies comment....my jaw about hit the floor when I saw how long I'd been logged in)

Mr Walleye

Too funny Tiny!

I have 198 days... I guess I need a life too!  :D ;D ;D

I don't do face book and have never left. I've thought about it because of some of the shenanigans but pretty much check in every day. I haven't posted much of late partly due to a crazy schedule at home and work but also partly because of stuff on the forum that I won't get into.

The bottom line is this forum is a fantastic resource and would be a shame to see the activity continue to dwindle.

Like I said I've never left, just sat in the corner with my hard over my mouth for a while.  ;D ;D ;D

Good to hear from you Wildcat. I hope all is well. ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Hard couple of years due to several deaths in the family but doing fine now. I too almost hung up my hat on here a few times, but like you decided not to.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

pensrock

43 days, 17 hours and 0 minutes.  For me.
Guess I'm just another rookie. :)

iceman

Quote from: pensrock on June 17, 2015, 08:59:11 AM

Guess I'm in the same boat as you pens. I'm only at 50 something days.  ;D

watchdog56

Where do you see how long you have spent here? Mine just shows todays date and time.

watchdog56

Found it. It is under profile then summary then stats.

Wildcat

Quote from: iceman on June 17, 2015, 09:29:48 AM
Quote from: pensrock on June 17, 2015, 08:59:11 AM

Guess I'm in the same boat as you pens. I'm only at 50 something days.  ;D

I suspect if you were to stay logged in your clock would keep going even while your computer is off. Just like the ranking, I do not think this is an effective measure of contribution.

Tiny Tim

It isn't.  It's just a stat.  I'll say it again, my comment "rookies" was solely a joke.

The total logged in time is only calculated by giving up to 15 minutes, each time the front page of the forum is accessed...if you hit the front page sooner than 15 minutes after the previous time, the clock is reset.  The only time I ever physically log in is when my computer loses it's mind, otherwise I'm auto-logged in every time I visit....and I never click the logout link.

Wildcat

The rookie reference was obviously said in jest my friend. I do not think there was any doubt from anyone still on ths forum.

Tiny Tim

:)

(just padding my count...................) :P

I know, I started a different war with that kind of comment several years ago.  I'll stop doing that some day.....maybe. :D

watchdog56

As far as old timers I wish would come back would be Tenpoint five and also NePasmoker. He is great help when it comes to making sausage!!

iceman

Quote from: Tiny Tim on June 17, 2015, 04:57:32 PM
:)

(just padding my count...................) :P

I know, I started a different war with that kind of comment several years ago.  I'll stop doing that some day.....maybe. :D

All us old farts know you're just kidding around Tiny  ;)  ;D