Where did all the oldtimers go?

Started by Wildcat, May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tiny Tim on June 17, 2015, 04:57:32 PM
:)

(just padding my count...................) :P

I know, I started a different war with that kind of comment several years ago.  I'll stop doing that some day.....maybe. :D

Oh! So you started that!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

10.5 still checks this forum. Look at page 2 of this thread.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Quote from: watchdog56 on June 18, 2015, 07:36:18 AM
As far as old timers I wish would come back would be Tenpoint five and also NePasmoker. He is great help when it comes to making sausage!!

I still stop by just busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest! Been working a lot of 64 hour weeks with no end in sight till around Xmas they are telling us. Seriously cuts into my sausage making! Although I will be off the weekend of the 8th of August for the 6th MWSO
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NorthShoreMN

Still check the posts. Haven't posted for a while. Last year was lost due to health but am started smoking again. Unicorn meat. 7 racks of ribs last Friday for boat show gathering in grand marais and 5 racks the Friday before for friends headed into BWCA. Miss the old group that was always keeping the interest up. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Gafala

I haven't smoked in months due to health reason's, thyroid cancer they will not operate do to a stroke we had a year ago, and I have COPD and CHF-(congestive heart failure) and blood thinners. Oh what fun this is. I will be doing some Wala Wala Onion salt around the first of July as I have 50lbs of onions on order. If health permits me and the wife will take a trip to England to see my grandson who is at a disabled children home working for school credit. With all the things going on, all airlines require a Doctors approval 72 hours before any international flight if you use a approved TSA POC (personal oxygen centrator) and if they don't like the report you don't fly.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

tailfeathers

I'm gonna say a prayer for you tonight when I go to bed. NEVER underestimate the power of prayer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Caneyscud

Many forums change "attitudes" after a bit of time.  I usually don't much care for the shift. 

Gafala - hope you're knee deep in good clear rough.  I hope that you get to go on your trip!  That would be awesome.  And a prayer or two or more will be run up the pole. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

slowpoke

I'm too busy smokin,Just finished a 10lb turkey and last week I had to cold smoke sausage at the last minute to put in my Gumbo.Ha Ha

Gafala,In my prayers man.

Stay WELL my friends
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

pondee

Quote from: KyNola on May 23, 2015, 08:44:38 PM
Heh, where did they all go?  They got tired of the BS from the "experts".  That's where they went.  Bradley has a Facebook page that is more active than the Forum.  Bradley Smoker Fan Club.  It's a closed group so you have to be admitted.  I'm an admin on that page as well so let me know and I will be sure to admit you.

Sent a request to join  Frank Pondelick  Thanks

Saber 4

I check in when I can, Like others a new job has got me hopping. I had to spend 6 months in an Austin rent house with a spare SRG as my only means of outdoor cooking/smoking. Now that I'm back home I'm hoping to get back to more smoking and cooking. I'll try to post some cooks if I have any interesting ones.

TNRockyraccoon

I've been MIA a lot over the past year because I've been so busy working. Still smoking every days lunch on my Bradley and my clients still love it.

The old timers and lurkers here helped me so much and I still find little gems from the past threads.  I still read the forums when I can but most questions are better answered by others and my input isn't needed.

I'll try to get on the Facebook page soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

fuzzy1

I am certainly not an old timer but I have learned so much from those of you who are. I appreciate all the help and the wealth of shared knowledge. I know some of you don't post as much as you used to but just know that there are many of us who truly do hold your comments and suggestions to the highest regard and do feel honored that you are out there to help. 10.5., kynola, pensrock, habs, nepas, pikeman, to name a few, thank you!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Take a kid fishing

piratey

I've only been here half a year, but really appreciate all of you that still post, as it helps newcomers like me.  Learned a lot.

Quarlow

Seems I been here 64 days 5 hours and twelve mins. unless I read it wrong. Been busier than a two peckered billy goat. I haven't even had time to smoke much at all.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

JZ

I guess I'm not really one of the "oldtimers" but used to visit the forum at least once a day and really enjoyed my time here. Then a while back some "nonsense" started, which affected the "mood" of the forum and I decided to stay on the sidelines until the issue went away. I thought that was resolved when the main instigator resigned. However, based on the comments in reply 4, it appears the issue continues. Hopefully this will get resolved soon and the forum will get back to the welcoming and friendly place it once was.