Where did all the oldtimers go?

Started by Wildcat, May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear1968

That's the odd thing about forums. They can take a perfectly normal and socially fluent Adult and turn them into something resembling a teenager with a delicate ego. I see it all of the time on the forums I peruse. I am sure it will all be OK. There are a lot of great people here that are EXTREMELY helpful.    :)
It is a shame that the internet allows our conversations to become so impersonal that 99% of the disputes I have seen on Forums like this never would have happened if it was just a bunch of guys/gals sitting in a diner chewing the fat.
I wish it could be more like that!  :D
UBC Local 268

carnie1

Been pretty busy myself, have had dad with me full time now for 2 years and haven't been able to get much smoking done but still pop on once in awhile to see what's going on , kinda miss some of the the long time posters here

Scotty-G

Been a while since I checked in, read or posted anything.  Been busy and focusing on other things.
Tomorrow I am planning on smoking some pork butts - think it's been several months since I last used my bradley :'(
Had to double check my notes on what/how I did the last time :-\
Am I an old timer ? ? ? Don't know but am coming up on 10 years that I have been reading this forum.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Scotty-G

RossP

Forgive me for I have sinned, I have not posted on the Bradley Forum or on the Facebook page in over two years. Two of our kids had kids and now the grandkids seem to take all my time away from work. Go figure. I still poke my nose in every now and then.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Edward176

Well I am MOST definitely not an "old timer" but have been here for a short 2 years. I purchased my Bradley Smoker on a whim just after I retired, smoking always intrigued me and its something I always wanted to try. Now I'm hooked and love it. I read all 6 pages of this thread and would just like to say one thing. "THANK YOU" for all the advise and support whenever I asked a question. Being a rookie smoker I was often scratching my head, but knew that the guys here in this forum would always help and answer my questions, no matter how silly or trivial they may be. The advise that was offered guided me through any rough spot and made (still makes) smoking a joy and pleasure. Just knowing that expert advise and guidance is just a click away is so reassuring. Can't speak for anyone else but you guys here in this forum are exceptional and good people and it makes me proud to be a member of such a knowledgeable group. I've learned a great deal here and know I've just scratched the surface. So to all the regular, and not so regular members, I just want to say Thank You and hope you hang in there.         

Yancey

I have been too busy smoking and eating to post.  I just put some meatballs in though.

TMB

Just to toss my hat in.   I'm still cooking but mainly with my Big Easy SRG's, pellet SRG & my Rec Tec but my Bradley gets used but more for jerky,smoking seeds  and as a dehydrator for peppers.

Had issues with temps above 250 so I just keep it going for the lower temp stuff.     

Still love it though and can't get rid of it.    I do stop by here 3 to 5 times a week just to see whats going on but spend most of my forum time on another site
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Wildcat

I have not been using my OBS much either. Use my pellet proper most of the time. Plan to do some pulled pork in the OBS soon.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

tsquared

It's been awhile since I've been active on the site--life got busy for a few years BUT I just retired so I hope to contribute to the forum again. My last smoke was some hot smoked coho and spring which I then canned. I use this to make salmon dip with cream cheese, onions  and fresh lime juice and pepper.
T2

Gizmo

I haven't been here much myself but just received an email from West Coast Kansan. He isn't West Coast any more.
I still do a lot of smoking/grilling, usually 5-6 time a week or more but much of that is with other equipment even though I still think the Bradley provides more flavor in a shorter period of time.  I mostly use it for jerky, pistachios or cold smoking.
Last year I smoked 150lbs of pork for the USO and the Bradley was stuffed to the max along with my other equipment.  It still has a great capacity.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Hi!
Been missing for a few years. Nice to see some familiar names. Changes is a part of everything.  Will check in from time to time and ya never know what this winter will bring.... As Gizmo says we are back in Kansas for real.  As things get organized may be back in the forum business.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

WOW! Welcome back guys. I do not post much but still monitor site at least once per week and provide input on occasion.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Nice to see a few of the old timers are still around. My BS is still going strong and used a couple of times a month. Latest is a large batch of pulled pork at the request of my eldest son who has just started university in Manchester (UK) and is missing home cooking!

He also requested Boston beans, another favourite for many years and they will be part of the food parcel we are delivering on Thursday.  ;)
Manxman

bigredsmoker

I too have been absent for a long time. For the first several years after I got my first Bradley I would check in Daily. I still own two Bradley's which have both been upgraded to the 900W Heat element and PID. However a few years ago I got "The Good One" Charcoal smoker and have been hooked on it. Still use the Bradley from time to time and use recipes and knowledge I gained from this site to make fantastic smoked food. I just came back today because I needed the Pastrami recipe from the recipe site. Glad to see some of the old members are still around. I sure enjoyed this forum for many years. Will have to check out the Facebook site as well. Take care all and Happy Smoking!

TedEbear

Quote from: bigredsmoker on January 30, 2017, 08:28:57 AMI just came back today because I needed the Pastrami recipe from the recipe site.

If you haven't found it yet:  Steaming Pastrami