Where did all the oldtimers go?

Started by Wildcat, May 22, 2015, 06:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherrybergher

I'm a member of both the forum and the facebook group.  The knowledge base is far superior here, people are friendlier here, and it's just my opinion but some of the people on the facebook group don't seem to be there for knowledge based exchanges rather merely ego stroking.
BDS 4 Rack
"Improving the flavour of our lives one smokey day at a time"

RossP

I have been AWOL for many years, life got busy with our business, hunting, fishing. Then we moved, and in 2014 we were blessed with GrandKids, never knew that the little ones would take up so much of our time. Our eldest met and married  girl with three girls and later that year they had a little boy. Our second and his partner had a little girl seven months before our grandson was born, in 2014 we went from no grand kids to 5.
Still smoking with my original Bradley smoker, with the original element in it. No repairs to the smoker. I use it 3-4 times a month right now, but it will start getting more use now that two of the boys also hunt and want to start making snack stiks and jerky with their venison.
Feels good to be back.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

oldsmoker

Glad to see you post and welcome back               Oldsmoker
OLDSMOKER

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

RossP

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. This weekend making 20lbs. of jerky and snack sticks.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Roget

Jerky & snack sticks should be my next project.
I'm completely out of both.
My granddaughter stayed with us for a while & she cleaned me out! :( :(
YCDBSOYA

ragweed

I don't think of myself as "an oldtimer", but I did used to spend more time here than I have in the last couple of years.  A 26 ft pontoon boat that we "camp" on a lot, a new black lab puppy and some health issues are reasons for my absence, but not legit ones.  I still use my Bradley a lot.  Cheese, HBB, sausages, eggs, steaks, chops, turkeys, pulled pork, pheasants, ducks and fish.  And I still must maintain an inventory of "jerky wafers" that some of you may remember me posting.  I don't do face book, but I've decided that I will spend more time here in the future.  Maybe even post now and then.  I do miss the friends I've made here and feel guilty about being silent for so long.....Ragweed

RossP

Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Slamdunk

Like others , I haven't been on the site for a couple of years. I find it amusing to see the same questions being asked especially.

Wildcat

Nice to see you guys back on here.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gafala

For me its been in and out of the hospital 7 times now last was two weeks ago, bouts with C.O.P.D and C.H.F. Dr's have a handle on it now so we now can stay away from my home away from home. We just moved into a newer home so things are still box city but its all coming together.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back.

I hope your health continues to improve. Seems like you are going to be busy until you get settled in.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

I still come back once in a while.
Sad news about La Quinta brought me back today.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/