Smoking pulled pork in advance

Started by Bridger Brisket, May 22, 2015, 09:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bridger Brisket

I want bring pulled pork with a Carolina sauce to an event 8 days out, but I need to cook this weekend.  I have about 30# of Costco pork butt and plan on letting sit with a rub Saturday night and cook Sun/Mon.  Will FTC for an hour or so and shred as usual.  My question is what should I do next?  Should I mix with sauce, Ziploc and refrigerate/freeze?  Other?  I plan on serving from the faithful slow cooker when the time comes.  Would appreciate any suggestions and tips.

Cheers.

Salmonsmoker

Your plan looks solid Bridger. Either ziploc or vac pack, but I would freeze, too many days sitting in the fridge to your serving day. You can either pre-sauce or suace in the slow cooker. There's no advantage to pre-saucing. All of the smoky goodness will be in the meat. The ziplocs or vac packs can be re-heated in hot water to get up to temp. and shorten up the time in the slow cooker. Keeping the packs fairly flat instead of bulging full will fit better in the freezer and thaw quicker. It's gonna be good!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Bridger Brisket

Wildcat

Concur. Personally I would serve sauce on the side. I usually prefer to eat half my smoked meals without sauce and half lightly sauced.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/