Author Topic: 2 Lemons so far  (Read 1627 times)

Offline BitterAztec

2 Lemons so far
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:50:50 pm »
Bought the countertop smoker for my father last spring.  The first one had a problem with the puck feeder.  They sent a new one and this one apparently has a dead chip and nothing turns on, just some type of error message.  Bradley has offered to send out another unit but my father isn't enthusiastic to go through this again.

I'm hoping to get some updated feedback.  Has anyone had any long term success with these units?  Or are most people running into the same problem eventually?  There hasn't been much activity in this section so I have a feeling it might not be worth trying a 3rd unit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:32:11 am by BitterAztec »

Offline Wildcat

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: 2 Lemons so far
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:45:14 am »
I have the original and it is coming up to 9 years with no problem except a broken slider.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Offline piratey

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:09:32 am »
I've read a lot of posts about people having problems with the counter top model.  That led me to get an original model a few months ago and I've had no issues so far.  Maybe look into upgrading to an original model.

Offline BitterAztec

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:46:19 pm »
Thank you for the responses.  I also have the OBS and am very happy with it.  Unfortunately space constraints don't allow the OBS to be an option for him.  He decided to give it one more try and have another countertop sent out.

Offline piratey

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:45:00 am »
Here's hoping the third time is the charm!