Two nice butts

Started by Rad Rich, June 12, 2015, 10:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Hello just started two nice 10 pounders. Coated in mustard rubbed in the goodness and got them prepared for a long night.  Might get some rain (umbrella) can't wait to chow on these babies.  Onion roll bun with a nice.dab of creamy cold slaw.  Gonna be great.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

Wildcat

Looking good. Don't forget to send pictures of the finished product.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Rad Rich

Rad Rich

Here was my first peek at 6:00 looking pretty good. Added but 3 cups of water to the foil pan.  Gonna put my temp probe in soon. They are probably getting into the stall. Got at least another 10 to 13 hours.
At 180 I pull them and put them into a pan. Add about a inch of my special juice and then take them to 210.

Rad Rich

Quote from: Rad Rich on June 13, 2015, 07:12:29 AM
Here was my first peek at 6:00 looking pretty good. Added but 3 cups of water to the foil pan.  Gonna put my temp probe in soon. They are probably getting into the stall. Got at least another 10 to 13 hours.
At 180 I pull them and put them into a pan. Add about a inch of my special juice and then take them to 210.

KyNola

"I like big butts and I cannot lie, some other brothers may deny". :)

WoodlawnSmoker

I'm a butt man myself.  They sure look good!  Let us know how the final product worked out.

Rad Rich

Just about to go get them.  I take them to 180 then I pull them out and put them in a pan with my magic sauce. Then back in the smoker till about 210.  Then tent ... cut off all the bark.... pull the meat... chop up the bark and mix it in with the juice from 180 on. Mix it all together and onion roll with creamy slaw.  I have had my Bradley for about 6 years. Only mod I have ever done is pitting it in that cabinet.

Rad Rich

Rad Rich

Here they are now they are tented gonna pull them in an hour. 21 hours in the Bradley. Yum yum

Rad Rich

Quote from: Rad Rich on June 13, 2015, 07:18:41 PM
Here they are now they are tented gonna pull them in an hour. 21 hours in the Bradley. Yum yum

Rad Rich

Rad Rich

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

waycoolcat

I really like the ideas you incorporated into the cabinet. What's the "magic sauce" liquid you put in the pan after hitting 180 degrees? Great job.
I want to be a better carnivore!