Smoker Stand?

Started by Rider14, June 17, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rider14

Is anyone aware of a commercially available stand that can handle the BS611 smoker and raise it off the ground by about 16-20"?

Prefer one made of steel or aluminum since it does get hot down there...

Masterbuilt makes one:

Does Bradley? If not, any suggestions?

THanks!

-Dan

Wildcat

It would be interesting to see a Bradley sitting on a Masterbuilt platform. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

The bottom of the Bradley smokers do not get hot. I've seen members place theirs on folding plastic tables. Wood tables can also be used. So you are not limited to just metal. One caution about the plastic tables, over time; they will permanently sag due to the weight of the Bradley when fully loaded.

I use a cart I bought from Sam's Club. The shelves are chrome plated steel, and will rust if left outdoor for any length of time. I believe my cart is about 10 years old, and is almost completely covered in rust. It is still sturdy, and the wheels move freely, so I'm still happy with it. This cart will raise the Bradley about 30", about the standard height of a kitchen counter. Click link below:
Utility Cart

If you like the type of cart that Toker posted a link to, you can save up to $80, if you don't want the Bradley logo. Just do a search for "origami folding kitchen island".

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

I have the same cart as Habs from Sam's Club.  It works great.  If I recall correctly you need to mount one of the lower shelves as the top shelf rather than the one designed to be the top shelf in order for the door on the Bradley to open completely.  No big deal, just change positions with the shelves.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

tailfeathers

I just went to goodwill and bought a used night stand. My smoker fits on it perfect and it has two drawers. I keep jerky racks and frog mats in the top drawer, bubba pucks, brushes, scrapers etc in the bottom one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

wilsondg

WoodlawnSmoker

rahlquist

Quote from: wilsondg on June 18, 2015, 09:24:19 PM
This is the stand I built, with a roof, and vented out the side of the roof with a bathroom exhaust fan.  Here are some pictures.
Ok the roof, was that like a small preambled one for like a dog house or something??

wilsondg

No I actually made it, bolted on to the steel frame so I could lift it off if I ever had to, though it is pretty heavy.  I also made it so the top section of the frame can be detached from the bottom section, in case I ever had to move it.

I made it that high so it was easier to work with the exhaust fan with pipe to the exhaust on the side.  I also ran wiring inside so I can just plug electrical cord into the underside of the roof.  Then there is a switch on the side that controls an outlet inside controls the smoker if I want to just turn it off, and another switch to turn on or off the exhaust fan.

Rodsmachineshop

I use a stainless steel table for my smoker since has more room and more sanitary  ebay cheap for under a 100 bucks http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x-30-Restaurant-Stainless-Steel-Food-Work-Prep-Table-/351372447324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cf6e0e5c

Scotty-G

Originally I left my OBS it on a table and over time the plastic did creep.

Storing in a cabinet is nice as I can leave it outside year round and run the smoker even when it rains.  Couple of times it started to rain in the middle of the smoke.

Here's what I built: http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=28338.0

Rider14

Quote from: Rodsmachineshop on June 21, 2015, 04:48:11 PM
I use a stainless steel table for my smoker since has more room and more sanitary  ebay cheap for under a 100 bucks http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-x-30-Restaurant-Stainless-Steel-Food-Work-Prep-Table-/351372447324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cf6e0e5c

This looks like a good option. Will likely look for a used one, but makes sense.

THanks for the suggestions - your home built cabinets/stands are impressive.

-Dan

rjm240

I found the origami folding kitchen island on the shopping channel for relatively cheap.  They constantly have discount offers, so I ended up paying $96 with $33 shipping included.  Mine came with a small crack on the top and I was going to return it, but decided it wasn't worth the hassle since it will be outside on the deck and only used for the smoker.

https://www.theshoppingchannel.com/Origami/Carts-Islands/Origami-Kitchen-Island-Cart/pages/productdetails?nav=R:513715,N:132954,E:11755253

I like to finally have it up at working height without having to squat down to see how the meat or puck bowl is doing.  Pretty sure I cut down my door open time almost in half with just this simple change.  A lot easier to clean as well and casters make it easy to move to a corner out of the way when not in use.