Not the way to start fathers day weekend. :(

Started by rahlquist, June 20, 2015, 07:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahlquist

So last night I carefully prepped 2 racks of baby back ribs, and have a chicken to throw in after. This morning I get my BS out of the garage, put it on the back deck, assemble, and power up...

I have indicator and heat on the smoker unit but the cabinet is not working. I checked both fuses, they are good. I removed the front panel, and checked for voltage in, yep, got power. Also have something that surprises me, one of the main power connectors had a cold solder joint and one pin pulled right out of the pcb. The other one was loose. So with voltage present all I can guess is my element is toast so I will be replacing that and also the control board if I can get one. Meanwhile I guess I will cold smoke my ribs then finish cooking them on the grill and save the chicken for another time. http://i.imgur.com/HmoFd6b.jpg

Rad Rich

Bummer. Sounds like you know what to do with your ribs. Probably the elememt. Make the best of father's day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

Rodsmachineshop

do the 900 watt tempco upgrade i did never go back to the bradly elements

rahlquist

Quote from: Rodsmachineshop on June 21, 2015, 04:51:43 PM
do the 900 watt tempco upgrade i did never go back to the bradly elements
Ok I'll bite, any good guides?

KyNola

Did you bother to open the smoke generator to check all of the connections? If not, remove the smoke generator from the tower, turn it upside down and remove the 8 screws around the perimeter and open the smoke generator clamshell fashion.  Check each and every connection in it, put it back together and see if that fixes your issue.  Don't worry, it won't void your warranty.   

rahlquist

Quote from: KyNola on June 22, 2015, 06:08:33 PM
Did you bother to open the smoke generator to check all of the connections? If not, remove the smoke generator from the tower, turn it upside down and remove the 8 screws around the perimeter and open the smoke generator clamshell fashion.  Check each and every connection in it, put it back together and see if that fixes your issue.  Don't worry, it won't void your warranty.
Hooked power directly to the cabinet. Got nowhere with that. So that eliminated the smoke generator as the source of the issue.

Habanero Smoker

If you are still under warranty, and even if you are not; I would have Bradly replace that board.

With the original Bradley, if the indicator light was on, and there was no heat, that meant either you had a bad element, or a loose connection to the element. I'm not sure it the same applies to the BT1S1

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)