Temperature chart?

Started by cor88b, June 25, 2015, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cor88b

Is there anywhere to find out what the temp range is when the dial is set to different places? 

michsmoker

There is to many variables to give a definitive answer. Ambient temperature, wind, cloudy or sunny, just to name a few. Buy a good dual probe thermometer and use one to monitor the cabinet temp. Over time you will get the hang of dialing it in.
BS611 w/900w mod
Auber dual probe PID

Toker

Or a good dual probes pid controller so you won't have to worry about it anymore  :D

cathouse willy

sorry. not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me about the purpose of the second probe? I've had a single probe pid for years that's controlled the oven temp very well and always wondered what would you do with the second probe?

michsmoker

The second probe is used to monitor meat temp. With the dual probe you can have 6 different steps programed for either time or meat temp.
BS611 w/900w mod
Auber dual probe PID

cor88b

I got an igrill mini to monitor the meat.  Used it last night to season my smoker and seems fairly accurate.  I think i may just buy another to monitor the temp of the smoker.  I had it dialed in pretty good to 160 for an hour so hopefully i can get the control thing down.