Serving my brisket the day after??????

Started by UNKYFUNKY, June 25, 2015, 09:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNKYFUNKY

I will be bringing a brisket to a friends the day after I will be smoking. I will be I have to reheat my brisket. Any tips so I don't dry it out?  Should I still FTC after the cook prior to putting it in the refrigerator? I was thinking that I could possibly vacuum seal it and maybe heat it again in hot water? Any tips would be appreciated
Bradley original smoker with Auber P.I.D. controler

Ka Honu

Quote from: UNKYFUNKY on June 25, 2015, 09:14:11 PM... vacuum seal it and maybe heat it again in hot water...

You answered your own question - that's the way it's done. FTC before storing and don't slice til you're ready to serve.

Wildcat

Quote from: Ka Honu on June 25, 2015, 09:35:38 PM
Quote from: UNKYFUNKY on June 25, 2015, 09:14:11 PM... vacuum seal it and maybe heat it again in hot water...

You answered your own question - that's the way it's done. FTC before storing and don't slice til you're ready to serve.

Ditto. I recommend you do not let the water boil. Sometimes the bag will loose its seal if the water boils.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

UNKYFUNKY

Thanks for the quick responses! Appreciate your help

tskeeter

Unk, unless you're at high altitude, a gentle simmer has the water at about 200F.  Just under a simmer is a good temp for reheating food sealed in a vacuum bag in order to prevent the seal from getting too warm and opening up.

UNKYFUNKY

Thanks again. Cooked brisket in the fridge. Will follow your direction!

beefmann