BBQ on the River-Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, July 21, 2015, 07:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

It's that time again! 9/24-9/26. Paducah KY. 40 teams cooking for 3 days, pulled pork, ribs, chickens and briskets. Another 50 or so vendors hawking every other kind of food you can think of. Last year over 80,000 pounds of pork and chicken was cooked up.  The neat part is it is all for charity.  No one makes a dime.  On Saturday the 26th, is the competition. Jan and I will be judging whole hogs again this year along with some members of our party.

At last head count there are approximately 20 folks, including spouses, from this Forum and other Forums planning to attend.  Come stay all 3 days or just a day trip. Great food, making news friends and meeting up with some old friends again.

If you need additional info you can PM me and I will be happy to assist in any manner.

www.bbqontheriver.org   

Saber 4

If you haven't been before it's an absolute blast with good food and good friends. Judy and I are still planning on going, as long as I can get the office staff trained up in time. They start training on August 1st, that's why I can't get away for 10.5's Midwest Smokeout this year which is another great trip.

If you get lucky you might even get to judge something, hope I get a good gig this year. :)

KyNola

I am pleased to tell you that it looks like the world famous Bradley Forum member ClassicRockGriller will be coming to Paducah for this years BBQ on the River. 8)

KyNola

One month from today, 9/24/2015, the 21st BBQ on the River in Paducah KY begins.  Still plenty of time to make plans to attend.  If you need help with accommodations or directions don't hesitate to PM me here.  Confirmed attendees listed below.

KyNola
NePaS
Chrystal Burden(Mrs.NePaS)'s brother
Meyer Lemon
Squirtthecat
Hal4UK
ACW3
TMB
Saber4
ClassicRockGriller* With the exception of CRG, everyone has a spouse attending as well.

TMB

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

KyNola

I forgot one very important attendee.  His name is SSGT Brad Alexander.  Brad is my good friend who lost his left leg to a young lady who chose to blow herself up in Iraq.  We have been friends for years and one day I ran into him and he said "I brought a brand new smoker home from my Dad's.  Do you know anything about this particular brand?  It's a Bradley." :)

He dropped by last year and got to know some of the attendees.  He has no idea but Saber4's wife Judy has a very special surprise for him this year.  Chrystal Burden,NePaS's wife has a special surprise for him as well. 

He is a very humble guy and is always flabbergasted, almost embarrassed, when someone does something for him.  He is a true war hero.  I am proud to call him my friend.

TMB

Quote from: KyNola on August 25, 2015, 07:27:12 AM
I forgot one very important attendee.  His name is SSGT Brad Alexander.  Brad is my good friend who lost his left leg to a young lady who chose to blow herself up in Iraq.  We have been friends for years and one day I ran into him and he said "I brought a brand new smoker home from my Dad's.  Do you know anything about this particular brand?  It's a Bradley." :)

He dropped by last year and got to know some of the attendees.  He has no idea but Saber4's wife Judy has a very special surprise for him this year.  Chrystal Burden,NePaS's wife has a special surprise for him as well. 

He is a very humble guy and is always flabbergasted, almost embarrassed, when someone does something for him.  He is a true war hero.  I am proud to call him my friend.
Looking forward to meeting him.  A TRUE hero is hard to find these days   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

ragweed

Larry, you know we can't make it this year, but give that young man a hug for me and tell him how much I appreciate him....Joe

KyNola

watchdog56

Wish I could be there. If you could maybe you can convince Nepas to come back and be  member. I liked his knowledge and postings on making sausage.

KyNola

Will see what I can do WD56 but he's a contrary old buzzard! ;)

ragweed

Tell him I'll send him some that "mild" jerky he ate at Chris' SO.  ;) ;) ;)

KyNola

Our friends at Bradley Smoker have graciously sent along some giveaways for the folks coming to the BBQ on the River.  Please be sure to personally send them your thanks. 

KyNola

It all begins one week from today!

KyNola

Extended weather forecast for 9/24-9/26 in Paducah is sunny, highs around 80, evenings will be cool down into the 50's. 

Still not too late to make plans to come help us eat 90,000 lbs of BBQ!