1st smoke take 2 on pics

Started by bullsfury81, July 22, 2015, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullsfury81

Beef ribs. SMoked with a pork shoulder. Rufus rub. 12 hours @ 210. Pulled at 193 degrees

Pork shoulder 210 degrees 16 hours. Pulled at 185 degrees. FTC post cook. Willingham rub. Next time I won't pull till mid 190s. DIdn't get pics after cook

Pork ribs. Tried 3-2-1 method. Rushed them a bit. Rufus and Jake's store bought rub. NExt attempt (tomorrow) just straight cook (no foiling). No post smoke pics :(

CHicken Gordon Blu in bacon recipe from bradley recipe forum. First thing I smoked. Came out great! But very rich. Needs a sauce to cut down the richness. Next time I will finish in oven on broil for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.

Habanero Smoker

That is quite a good looking spread. I have Willingham's book, and been meaning to try the Willingham rub. I've been using those silicone gloves for about a year now, and love them. I have the Ekcogrips. Mine are a little tight around the knuckles. I may order another pair, since they now come in three sizes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

bullsfury81

Thank you :) . I'll have to adjust the pic size before loading to photobucket next time. When I got the gloves, they advertised three sizes but when making the purchase it didn't give options for size choice but said "one size fits all". They must've been including kids because they are a little tough getting on and off. It's like wearing my 7mm scuba diving gloves  ???. Smoker is warming and couple racks of pork ribs going in. After they are finished I'm loading 5 lbs of jerky that's been marinating a day. Gonna try the toothpick method and hang them vertically and finish the process in smoker with puck element but not pit element (150 degrees). At least that's the plan... Pics to come! I'll throw out my jerky recipe... it's a slight tweak off someone else's but its gotten some pretty good reviews from fellow jerky enthusiasts. FIrst time smokin' jerky and not "dehydrator"
-Dave

tailfeathers

I generally give my jerky a couple hours of smoke at fairly low temp and then finish in my dehydrator. Just seems easier than constantly rotating racks in the smokers. Never have tried the toothpick method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

bullsfury81

It will be a test run to see if the toothpick method is a real PITA or if finishing in dehydrator would be better. I'm thinking toothpick method should alleviate the rotation issue. Otherwise i'm grabbing some frog mats (or cut my own from bulk) and give that a go.

tailfeathers

That's what I do. Frogmats on Bradley racks in the smoker then I just slide the frogmats from the smoker rack to the dehydrator rack. I have 10 tray Cabela's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Habanero Smoker

If you got the Ecogrip brand, they will exchanged them. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Here is an unsolicited tip :). When they become greasy after handling foods, I use a paper towel to get a better grip to pull them off. I never liked the recommendation of grabbing them by the cuffs.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)