Quick question guys!

Started by mwilliams7967, July 28, 2015, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwilliams7967

I have both the OBS and recently purchased the digital four rack.  On my last two smokes I have noticed the briquettes randomly did not advance throughout the smoking.  Has anyone else experienced this.  It only has been used several times and I have opened the generator to see if anything was impeding on the motor.  Everything seems OK.  Any input or help is appreciated!

Wildcat

Be sure to brush off loose chips on each one as you are loading them. Something could temporarily hinder one from advancing.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

UNKYFUNKY

My first unit was actually bad I had the same issue once I replaced it I've done over a hundred smokes without issue. Sometimes I notice also that my briquettes if not stacked properly will get stuck in the feeder. I actually take a roll of the briquettes and separate each one and make sure there's no loose particles to prevent build up inside the tube.
Bradley original smoker with Auber P.I.D. controler

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mwilliams7967

Thanks everyone. I think I have tried everything mentioned. I just started a jerky smoke. Gonna see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piratey

Take some pictures and post them.  I'm interested in smoking jerky.

mwilliams7967

Ok. This was a 5 lb London Broil that was marinated in Cabelas Wild Fire Chipotle (pretty hot) for 24 hours. Smoked for 3 hours at 150 and moved to the dehydrator for 5 more hours at 160. Turned out incredible! The whole family can't get enough!

mwilliams7967

Sorry for the big pictures!

piratey

bullsfury81

I like the paper clip method! Looks less cumbersome than the toothpick method.

mwilliams7967

Wasn't bad at all. Just bent once in the middle.