Cold Smoking Beef Filet & Then BBQ

Started by Aschenbrenner, August 16, 2015, 02:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aschenbrenner

I'm planning to cut up some two inch beef filets today and wrap them in partially fried bacon! Then apply olive oil, sea salt & fresh ground pepper to both sides and cold smoke in the Bradley for an hour with the A-Maze-N smoke tube! Then on to the Weber Grill @ 500F for about 5 minutes a side, pulling them off @ 125F on the Thermapen!

This is my first time cold smoking filets! Is there anything missing here with the plan? Things I should be doing differently?  Your comments, observations and suggestions would be appreciated!
Calgary

Cookshack PG1000 pellet smoker :)
Bradley DBS
Weber Genesis

Wildcat

My recommendation would be to cold smoke the meat the day before while it is as cold as you can get it without freezing. After the smoke wrap in cling wrap and back into fridge overnight. The smoke favor will penetrate overnight,
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

GusRobin

I agree with Wildcat. But if you are doing it the same day and using the amaze-n, you can do it in the weber and not bother with the Bradley.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Aschenbrenner

Thanx Wildcat & GusRobin for your replies.  Did it all in the Weber and the filets were great.  Next time I'll smoke them the day before and follow your recommendation Wildcat and compare!

It was my first time using the A-Maze-N Smoke Tube.  I like it!
Calgary

Cookshack PG1000 pellet smoker :)
Bradley DBS
Weber Genesis